Great service from Climate Control Systems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hambone303

Sep 4, 2007
I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but did not see a vendor experience thread or anything so here goes...

Long story short...My Whitfield Advantage II T control board was partially damaged when a lightning strike /power surge hit my home. There are virtually zero Pellet Stove Technicians here in the warm state of Georgia, so I tried to repair it myself, using Electronics training that I had 15 years ago and have not used for atleast 10 years. Needless to say I ruined the circuit board, and then could not tell if it was just the board, or if I had more damage to my stove. I ordered a replacement board from Rod, (285.00) and it blew the fuse as soon as I pressed Start. I tried to isolate the motors and test them, searched for any damaged wires etc.. and was basically at a stand still. I contacted Rod, and told him my situation and that I could not confirm if the first board I ordered from him was good or bad, and he sent out another brand new Control Board. He took a risk by sending the second board out before I returned the first one to him. I was scared that I would ruin both of the boards that he sent out.

I plugged the new board in and my stove works flawlessly once again. I am extremely thankful for Rod's help on this forum, and for his excellent customer service. So if you need parts I highly reccommend them.

Jason
http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g14/hambone303/?action=view&current=P1170036.flv

Well thank you very much for the Kudos.

We aim to please.

That was a hard one.
We have had a lot of people try to Send the OLD board back and tell us it was the NEW board that was bad.
This is the reason we NORMALLY DO NOT TAKE BOARDS BACK with out a GOOD explanation.

Our Policy on the website clearly shows NO returns on control boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.