Great sunset tonight

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
Nature often puts on the best show in town. Tonight was definitely her night. This is looking west at the Olympic Mountains from the bedroom.

Attachments

• sunset1_web.jpg
    sunset1_web.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 315
  • sunset2_web.jpg
    sunset2_web.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 353
Great picture, what type of camera?

I agree that Nature puts on the best shows. Nice pictures BeGreen.

Thanks, we do get some nice lightshows here from time to time. BXP, the camera is a Canon A650IS.

Yeah, we typically have a very nice sunset display here over the Cascades...especially this time of year. One just the other night had a stunning contrast between orange clouds above and Robin's egg blue sky beneath. Beautiful. Nice pics, BG. Rick

I can't even see the sunset from the roof. Just trees. >:-(

BrotherBart said:
I can't even see the sunset from the roof. Just trees. >:-(

That's the way our property was in Fairfax. One of the interesting things about moving there for me was losing my sense of direction (compass-wise). I'd grown up and lived most of my life in places where North, South, East, & West were clearly discernible. In Northern Virginia, I found myself (to my chagrin) in an environment where I was frequently immersed in miles of tall trees, with few directional clues. No high ground to get up on and take bearings. I lived there for 12 years, and I'm sure I never really oriented myself. I'm really happy to be back out here in the west (where I belong) where there's lots of clear vistas in every direction, and never a doubt about which way I'm going. Rick

I know what you mean.When I get deep in the woods and it gets hard to keep one's bearings. For us here it's easy. Clear view to Canada to the north. Olympics on the left, Cascades on the right and Mt Rainier to the SE. But it wasn't always so. Before they cut down the old growth it was so dark on the ground that the only way you saw daylight was to head for the water.

Sweet pics, BG !!

I'm more in BB's situation with the trees :coolsmirk:

I didn't take this pic, it was taken by a friend who was visiting last month. It's from our deck off the Dining Room. It's pretty typical of what we see looking out to the west towards the Cascades this time of year. Rick

Attachments

• sunset.jpg
    sunset.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 274
Elderthewelder said:
BeGreen said:
Nature often puts on the best show in town. Tonight was definitely her night. This is looking west at the Olympic Mountains from the bedroom.

according to the local news, all the orange sky and stuff today was smoke from a fire in B.C.

http://www.komonews.com/weather/blog/99726934.html

Yep. And tonight we saw the difference. Murky skies and a blood-red sun.

Attachments

• IMG_0341web.jpg
    IMG_0341web.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 204
Your picture says it all.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.