Great video for firewood saw shoppers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BenTN

Feeling the Heat
Aug 30, 2015
East TN
this video would be great for anyone new to saws looking for a firewood saw. these guys are very knowledgeable on saws, tho they do prefer the Swedish saws a little. thought i would pass this on as there have been alot of threads lately on this subject.

I watched this myself, I think these guys do a great job of explaining the benefits of buying either a good used saw or a upgrading past the 40 cc class saws

Reactions: BenTN
Based on their choice of wood splitter they know whats up. lol

Seriously they are pretty much dead on. Really liked the part about the bottom dollar shoppers and their reviews. If you buy the blue light special your reviews should have no credibility.

Last edited:
Based on their choice of wood splitter they know whats up. lol

Seriously they are pretty much dead on. Really liked the part about the bottom dollar shoppers and their reviews. If you buy the blue light special your reviews should have no credibility.

He has a video on that splitter. He used to split everything by hand and had that on standby. The cheapo analogy was good.

Reactions: Jazzberry
Yup, I pretty much totally agree with these guys, set your minimum at 50cc and don't look back.
Does anyone remember the cheapie homeowner saws when they actually came with a little guard on the tip of the bar to keep you from hitting anything with the tip? Man, I just can't believe they tried to dumb down a chainsaw so much, it's kinda scary really.

i have seen the tip guards and i have used a pull-on wildthing for several frustrating years. he says it in the video, your not going to be excited to run a POS saw. a good running, capable saw will be a joy to run and you will get twice the work done.

Thats a good video but I can't find their video for the Speeco 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.