Green split and delivered

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you have a chance to get free rounds from folks who have just had a tree felled in their yard? That's how I get mine.

TGun9590 said:
$225 :bug: We are at $250 to $280 S/G/D Thats if you can find the stuff >:-(

TGun, where in Portland are you, near Warren Ave.? . . I may have a possible contact for wood, PM me

LEES WOOD-CO said:
Just raised my price from $165 to $275 last week on green. Not going to let any seasoned out of the yard till Oct and at a min. of $350. Call me a gouger or what ever you want but it is what the market commands. My delivery list at these prices is growing daily!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And just think; you were trying to sell the business last month...

At that price, it's still a bargain for someone!

Chris

Seasoned cords delivered are $160-170, triaxle loads green $500-$700.

Just got two cords (legit) c/s/d dropped on my lawn for $300. 95% red oak . I might buy two more... Bottom line is shop around fellas, dont be a sucker to the poachers!

TGun9590 said:
I don't see the difference between Oil companies charging more and wood suppliers charging more. It's very short sighted to gouge people for wood when it's a short lived spike. Your just as bad as big oil. Also, those of us that moved from oil to wood for the price will also move from wood to pellet, then pellet to solar until we find a reasonable fuel cost. It's sad to see someone jump right on the price band wagon for selfish gain. Oh, BTW I just spit 4 cords or wet wood in 10 hours in the baking sun, so don't even begin to try to describe how much work it is to harvest wood. I am well aware.

I hate to burst your bubble, but this isn't a short lived spike. Infact, oil hasn't gotten really expensive yet. And yes, even though I'm one of the younger ones in this forum. I do barely remember the oil embargo. I do remember the spike in 1980 or 1981 very well. Obama is going to be another Carter on this one if he gets in. McCain has the right idea. Go nuclear, go conservation, start drilling. Even with him, oil's not coming back down. The expected high a year from now is 174 a barrel. If we can get it back to 100 in a few years, we will be do very well. This is going to be rough on all of us for a long time. Ethanol isn't the answer. With the very small increase in production we've seen this year, corn and wheat are going through the roof. We really need to get homes off fossil fuels. We need flex fuel vehicles, which will run on gas, ethanol, methanol, and coal based fuels. Then we need to establish a minimum energy content for this fuel and let the producers put what ever is cheaper in it as long as they meet the specifications for the fuel.

karl said:
TGun9590 said:
I don't see the difference between Oil companies charging more and wood suppliers charging more. It's very short sighted to gouge people for wood when it's a short lived spike. Your just as bad as big oil. Also, those of us that moved from oil to wood for the price will also move from wood to pellet, then pellet to solar until we find a reasonable fuel cost. It's sad to see someone jump right on the price band wagon for selfish gain. Oh, BTW I just spit 4 cords or wet wood in 10 hours in the baking sun, so don't even begin to try to describe how much work it is to harvest wood. I am well aware.

I hate to burst your bubble, but this isn't a short lived spike. Infact, oil hasn't gotten really expensive yet. And yes, even though I'm one of the younger ones in this forum. I do barely remember the oil embargo. I do remember the spike in 1980 or 1981 very well. Obama is going to be another Carter on this one if he gets in. McCain has the right idea. Go nuclear, go conservation, start drilling. Even with him, oil's not coming back down. The expected high a year from now is 174 a barrel. If we can get it back to 100 in a few years, we will be do very well. This is going to be rough on all of us for a long time. Ethanol isn't the answer. With the very small increase in production we've seen this year, corn and wheat are going through the roof. We really need to get homes off fossil fuels. We need flex fuel vehicles, which will run on gas, ethanol, methanol, and coal based fuels. Then we need to establish a minimum energy content for this fuel and let the producers put what ever is cheaper in it as long as they meet the specifications for the fuel.

I don't believe that one and if he gets in we will continue to decline economically and the world hate for the US will continue to get worst. He is another Bush for sure.

Off topic but I couldn't take it. No need to get politics into this forum. :)

TGun9590 said:
I don't see the difference between Oil companies charging more and wood suppliers charging more. It's very short sighted to gouge people for wood when it's a short lived spike.

Then I'll explain it to you- the wood dealer has to deal with the increased cost of business. You're saying that the guy selling wood should just make LESS profit as they absorb the cost of oil in the gas, oil mix, bar oil, truck transport, and other fuel driven costs for YOUR benefit?

And a temporary spike is cost they pay NOW- they aren't in league with oil companies and have stashes of low cost fuel squirreled away. This is their livelihood. Not a lot of fat cats "gouging" the public on wood out there. What is this- welfare? They need to cover costs and make a living. Costs go up- so does price.

Status
Not open for further replies.