Green Supreme's

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Burning some right now. 230 out of the tubes at idle. +1 on the burn pot buildup. Not a clinker though, just a quick scrape with a putty knife and it's gone. They have the least fly ash I've seen this year and the glass stays cleaner than most. I've got about 1/2 ton of these left that I bought for around $4 at Lowes.

Hi Folks

Been away for a while,
Burning Green supreme at the moment and no issues.
Burn hot with average ash.
I have heard of folks with issues with these from NY plants.

1Dtml said:
Eatonpcat said:
Got mine at Lowes in Tiffin, Ohio. It was a contractor's special @ $3.05 per bag! They would not give the 5% discount for using my Lowes card and the 10% coupon that I got from the post office was expired.

Recently?
I'm trying to figure out if there is a sale season with the box stores, for I know premium pellets are spring for good pricing.

Very smart shopper are you. :coolsmile:

Thanks
1D

No obvious sale season around here. Pellets at Lowes started at (prices are approx, btw) $4.19, then shot up to $5.97 in November, and dropped all the way to $3.14 for awhile in december, and have recently settled at $4.49. Bought most of mine at $3.14.

The lowest I've seen has been $4.49, but I got into the game during peak season.
Learning the ropes, and trying to figure out the secrets. ;-)

Thanks for the reply,
1D

not to happy here with them, lots of black soot and heavy ash and unburnt pellet remnants.
not the stove as I have other flavors here as well that burn nice.
Any tips on getting them to burn cleaner?
Maybe will try a hotter burn but they will blast me out of the house with heat.

I bought 5 ton of Green Supremes from my local Lowes back in September for $179 per ton. Great deal and great pellet. I'm still new to the pellet game (second season with my Accentra insert) and still learning. Based on a lot of what I read here, I went out chasing after "super premium" pellets last weekend. I picked up 10 bags of Barefoot (which I've never read a bad word about). I burned several bags and thought they were AWFUL. The Barefoot pellets were insanely long (I've never seen pellets half that long) and just falling out of the burn pot while still orange before turning to ash. Needless to say, I was not impressed. I am happily back to burning my "bargain basement" Green Supremes.

oldmountvernon said:
thats shocking to hear their longer GS are pretty long

I must have got a good batch of Green Supremes because I haven't seen a bag yet that had pellets that I would consider remotely long. In fact, the Green Supremes I have resemble rabbit food.

they burn like chit to me on low setting 2 plugged up the burn pot thank god only tried 1/2 ton

farmboy57 said:
they burn like chit to me on low setting 2 plugged up the burn pot thank god only tried 1/2 ton

Agree...I'm getting through mine burning at least one setting higher tha I would use for my other pellets!

A buddy of mine bought a ton and they worked out well. Then he bought another ton and they would keep going out, they only smoked and wouldn't catch fire. Lowe's let him return the pallet and brought him another one.. he had the same issue with the next ton of Green Supreme. After the 2nd ton had the same issues he went with something else. This is why I never got them. Maybe I should reconsider, seems to be a pretty solid pellet for the price.

Just bought 4 bags at Lowes.

$4.87/bag.

Just want to try another pellet for the hell of it.

I have been burning GS for a few weeks now. It was a switch from the Americans I was burning last season and at the start of this season. I used to burn Barefoot, but due to the outrageous prices for premium pellets in my area I have opted for others. I got a ton of the GS from my local Tractor Supply store for 224 w/ tax. Less than I have paid anywhere else. I will for sure be looking this spring when the season leaves us behind. The GS seem to put out less heat than is ideal. I usually run my stove on 2, but with these pellets I need to increase it to 3 in order to keep the heat up. These would be a great pellet for shoulder season. I will be looking for another ton of something warmer soon.

Just went through first night trying Green Supremes.. Impressed. Don't really notice much heat difference between them and Turmans. DO notice the cost difference: GS at $3.95 per bag and Turmans at $6.00! Going back today to get more. Wish I had a place to stock up but that is the summer project.

I burned 2 bags, to try them out... They put out less heat than the other pellets I have. Guess they would be ok for the shoulder seasons if the price was right.

I haven't thrown a bag in the hopper yet but just got home and I picked up a bunch for $4.18/bag at the local HD. Until now they had AWF, which I like just fine, so we will see how the Greens do.

Status
Not open for further replies.