Green Surpremes going for 288.00

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiggar61

Nov 17, 2012
Central MA
Was just at Walmart in Hudson MA they had Green Surpremes out front spray painted 288.00 per ton Like it was a good deal,there were many tons in stock . Good luck 288.00 for poor quality pellets

Sucker's born every minute, saw the same here in Ct, most likely Pennington's

Was just at Walmart in Hudson MA they had Green Surpremes out front spray painted 288.00 per ton Like it was a good deal,there were many tons in stock . Good luck 288.00 for poor quality pellets

Stopped by an HD yesterday and the manager shared with me that Green Supreme jacked up their price recently and as a result, that HD dropped the Green Supreme line. He also shared that their store's pellet sales are 40% less than last year.

Reactions: womaus
Stopped by an HD yesterday and the manager shared with me that Green Supreme jacked up their price recently and as a result, that HD dropped the Green Supreme line. He also shared that their store's pellet sales are 40% less than last year.

I guess that's why I've been seeing ThermaGlo and North Americans this year as opposed to last year where GS was everywhere. I've been burning ThermaGlos and they seem fine for a "budget" pellet (currently $5.18/bag at my local HD). I haven't touched the North American's based on what I read here...

$298 for Green Supreme !!!

For that price I want them delivered and the GS company should pay to have someone put the pellets in my stove when needed.

$298 for Green Supreme !!!

For that price I want them delivered and the GS company should pay to have someone put the pellets in my stove when needed.

Can't understand it. The purpose of the Green Supreme moniker is that those were to be sold in just the big box stores and for less money than their signature brand, New England Wood Pellets. Serves them right that we're enjoying a warm November (only two days not above average temperatures so far) and oil and gas prices taking a nosedive in most places.

Can't understand it. The purpose of the Green Supreme moniker is that those were to be sold in just the big box stores and for less money than their signature brand, New England Wood Pellets. Serves them right that we're enjoying a warm November (only two days not above average temperatures so far) and oil and gas prices taking a nosedive in most places.
Just got an oil delivery 140 gal $267, that will easily equal or even outlast a pallet of GS ( that only heats the main house) and heat my house plus the rental apartment attached to our house. . The pellet industry has gotten greedy. I'm thinking I should have stuck with coal as my alternative fuel but even then when oil drops like this I used not to burn that either. I went years with the coal stove in place not needing it till oil prices would rise high enough to warrant it ( usually around $2 a gallon or more). I don't burn alternative fuels because I get a kick out of it LOL. It's to cut energy costs in my house, if that isn't happening then I don't need to be buying that alternative fuel period... The pellet industry seems to be lining itself up with oil cost, well it is no where near the convenience of oil to use and never will be..

As pellets sit in lots outdoors at these big box stores they will turn to sawdust and be worthless. Good luck with that. I don't want to be stuck buying those and neither does anyone else. if when the cold weather comes and I want to boost my heat source a bit, I hope some of the crap has cleared the yards. So far this year besides pellets not moving and high prices I also have not seen any good brands in these places. Last year it was about the second or third round of restocking that some good pellets showed up in these places. Well at this rate, there won't be any second or third round of restocking !!

Last edited:
Reactions: Peterfield
Status
Not open for further replies.