Greene Team as good as Okies?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbmaine

Apr 4, 2009
USA
Surprisingly they might be, at least in my stove. This is the second year I have been using my P68 and have always run Okies thru It. I think Okies are a great pellet, although this year I am getting more ash and much more carbon build up in the burn pot.

Anyway, My son works at Lowes and got me three bags of Green Teams as a gift. I'm home from work this week so I thought it would be a good time to try them ( when I can keep an eye on my stove)

I gave the stove a good cleaning and started using them. I must say I was surprised and quite pleased. The heat seemed as good as the Okies ( using the hand in front of the stove testing method). The flame was higher, and after three bags there was much less ash, and no carbon build up in the burn pot.

I plan on picking up more bags Of Green Teams this week to give them a longer test, but so far (at least) I am quite happy with them.

For both Okies and Greene Team my stove has been set at stove temp, feed adjuster at 4, temp set at 2 1/2, and fan on high.

I'll keep you updated
Thanks
Jim

I burned 4 tons of them last year and was very happy with them. The price was so good at Lowes last year that I could not resist. No doubt about it, for a box store pellet the quality is much better than expected. With prices at the box stores dropping, I will probably pull the trigger and buy next year's stock now if I can get them.

I'd been burning Okies and Barefoot all season (with A+ results)
and now just got some Greene Team. The Okanagan
burn hotter with a lot less ash than the Greene Team -
in my stove.

green teams are a great pellet all i have been using, i love how clean they are and they also give me great heat, really a hidden gem that does not get much metion amoung the top 5 brands but for me green team untill i cant find them any longer, and keep that a secret lol shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.