Greene Team Gold Premium Plus pellets, anyone ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geek

Minister of Fire
Feb 28, 2008
Central CT
This guy has this brand of pellets that I've never heard of, at $275/ton plus only $50 delivery charge to my house.
He emailed me stating that my stove will love this pellet and that I can stop by and get a couple bags for $4 bucks each just to confirm if I like them or not.

Anyone has tried this???

I have had good luck with the green team but have never heard of green team gold premium.

IMO - try out a few bags first before commiting to a ton of em.
Especially with all the issues you have been having with your stove
and current pellets.

yeah, hear ya....

Would really like to hear opinions from those that have used this brand, thanks...

From the Greene Team website:
"The location of the production facility is in Greene County, Pennsylvania at the site of the old Robena Mine.

Bulk Density (lbs/cubic foot): 40 – 46
Diameter (inches): 0.250 to 0.285
Fines % (at the mill gate): < 0.5
Inorganic Ash %: 0 – 1
Length (% greater than 1.5 inches): < 1
Moisture %: <= 8
BTUs: > 8000
"

I just purchased 2 tons of them. I have been burning them now for over 2 months. they are by far my favorite pellet. Great heat,low ash and hardly any fines. They are a hardwood pellet too. As far as the gold premium.....never seen them before. Is the bag white with green lettering? They might be the same thing as the ones I am burning. Maybe they went with a new look or something.

Thanks guys for the feedback. This bag seems to be light brown or gold, I was told it is the same pellets that Lowes sells, but Lowes's bags are white.

See picture...

Attachments

• GreeneGoldfrontbag-large.jpg
    GreeneGoldfrontbag-large.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 769
so looks like everyone has positive feedback, uh?

I wonder if anyone with an Englanger stove has tried this brand....

their website says the pellet is rated at a BTU>8000, those who burned them, do these pellets burn hot enough?
Wonder how this brand compares to NEWP brand??

picked up a couple bags today from this dealer, the bag is exactly as the above picture; the pellets are a little darker than what I've seen before in other brands (I guess maybe the reason of the "Gold" name).

Will burn a bag today and report back..

I picked up 2 bags at Lowes the other day to try them out. This particular Lowes has over 30 tons of them on hand.

The top of my stove feels a little hotter burning these than it does burnign Lignetics, which are also great pellets IMO.

Burning Lignetics I can hold my hand on the top of the stove and keep it there when it runs on setting #2. It's hot but I can keep my hand pressed on it.

With these Green Team pellets I have to pull my hand off the stove after about 4-5 seconds on setting #2.

So they throw good heat and I'm hopeing Lowes will cut the price soon. I'll buy 3-4 tons of these puppies.

FG.

geek said:
their website says the pellet is rated at a BTU>8000, those who burned them, do these pellets burn hot enough?

flamegrabber said:
I picked up 2 bags at Lowes the other day to try them out. This particular Lowes has over 30 tons of them on hand.

The top of my stove feels a little hotter burning these than it does burnign Lignetics, which are also great pellets IMO.

Burning Lignetics I can hold my hand on the top of the stove and keep it there when it runs on setting #2. It's hot but I can keep my hand pressed on it.

With these Green Team pellets I have to pull my hand off the stove after about 4-5 seconds on setting #2.

So they throw good heat and I'm hopeing Lowes will cut the price soon. I'll buy 3-4 tons of these puppies.

FG.

geek said:

what's the color of the pellets on those bags?, these ones look very dark sort of like "gold" color. Also, what about ash and clinkers?

Mine are lighter brown than the Lignetics, which are pretty dark.

Sort of light brown like the color of clay.

Haven't checked the ash pan yet but not much fly-ash. About the same as the Lignetics.

No clinkers here because my stove has a self cleaning burn pot.

FG.

geek said:
flamegrabber said:

FG.

geek said:

what's the color of the pellets on those bags?, these ones look very dark sort of like "gold" color. Also, what about ash and clinkers?

Tried the Greene Team Gold Premium and they burned very hot and the ash was sort of brown (compared to black ash burning Warm Front....ouch..) and very light.
The smell of the pellet is unique, well, smells like REAL wood, compared to other brands that smelled like glue.

I think this brand might be a high candidate in my options...!!!!

Flamegrabber can you tell me which Lowes. Is it Danvers or another location. Also the price!

In a different thread people have talked about a 10% coupon at Lowes. Anyone know how to go about getting one. Could be a decent deal with the coupon, if you purchase a few tons!

I bought 1 ton of the regular green team pellets from Lowes. They mailed a 10% coupon to us.

Yes it's the one in Danvers on 114 right near Rte 1 and 95.

The price was $300.00/ton.

I bought 2 bags of them last week and they burned pretty good. Great heat, felt like more than Lignetics puts out.

I'm going to give them a call today and ask about that coupon. That would be a good deal.

FG.

countk said:
Flamegrabber can you tell me which Lowes. Is it Danvers or another location. Also the price!

In a different thread people have talked about a 10% coupon at Lowes. Anyone know how to go about getting one. Could be a decent deal with the coupon, if you purchase a few tons!

Status
Not open for further replies.