Greene Team has Arrived!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBennett

Nov 27, 2010
Central CT
Greene team has arrived at @ lowes in plaineville, 22 tons!!..i picked up 25 bags and will continue to make some trips on my way home from work. :).
Still $209 /ton. And apparantly they have another 22 tons coming in the next day or 2, from what there order system shows.

good, i guess i need to stop by.....

Also green team has arrived @ lowes in bloomfield ct, same price, picked up 14 bags today will be back to pick up more

can you guys burn a bag to make sure this latest batch is good as expected?

also, please report on fines/dust in the bag if possible.

geek said:

I will be throwing a couple of bags in the hopper tonight. i will give a temp update tomorrow.

I tried a few bags a few weeks back I happened on at the Local lowes. Heat was right were I tested last season. Ash level was a bit higher but still very decent. One of the best scored at Lowes besides Somersets.

My Lowes has Pres to logas at $5.89 a bag

Indy3 said:
Our HD had them (Presto's) for $3.54 a bag or $177/ton. Bought 5 tons about 2 months ago. Looking to get another 4 to 5 of something else, when I can find the right price. Ideally, I would like to have enough for the next 2 seasons. So I can pick and choose what to buy. Have a good feeling that they wont be as cheap as they are now, for quite some time. (Just a hunch, I could be wrong)
Wish our dealers here locally had more of a choice. Found a dealer within an hours drive, that has Hamer's and Lignectic's Green Label's. But they are pricey and currently out of stock. I hear a lot of people say good things about the GT's. Thats another pellet I would love to find around here. Just one more downfall to living in Wonderful Ohio!!?

mike56 said:
Also green team has arrived @ lowes in bloomfield ct, same price, picked up 14 bags today will be back to pick up more

Just ordered 3 ton

iceman said:
mike56 said:

Just ordered 3 ton

When you say "ordered" do you mean you made an online order for in store pick up?, and if so can you choose what pellets you get if they have more than 1 brand?

Last week I called Lowes and paid with a CC for Greene Team then
went and picked them up the next morning. I told them if I got there and
they had anything other than Greene Team ready for me
I would not be buying them.

BBennett said:
iceman said:
mike56 said:

Just ordered 3 ton

When you say "ordered" do you mean you made an online order for in store pick up?, and if so can you choose what pellets you get if they have more than 1 brand?

Call them on the phone, ask the guy how many he has and purchase over the phone.... there was 7 ton left that he didn't see tagged as bought... I ordered. 3 but they won't deliver to me to I am gonna try and get some from another store so if I can that lowes will have 3 more available..

Indy3 said:

OUCH !!!! Kinda high for me. What was the low price this winter in that area?

BBennett said:
geek said:

I will be throwing a couple of bags in the hopper tonight. i will give a temp update tomorrow.

can you post first impression regarding fines in the bag, just want to be sure.
How have they burn through the night?

thanks,

I can tell you that in my GT just purchased on Sunday last have no fines at all. GT states on their website that the pellets are screened twice before bagging to eliminate fines.

Harman Lover 007 said:
I can tell you that in my GT just purchased
on Sunday last have no fines at all. GT states on their website that the pellets are screened twice
before bagging to eliminate fines.

Same here. 3 tons purchased between 2/22 and 3/7. Burned
about 14 bags so far. Virtually dust free pellets coming out
of these bags.

geek said:
BBennett said:
geek said:

thanks,

The bags were clean not really any fines. I wasnt able to burn them overnight , because i still had 3/4 of a bag of okanagan in the hopper( stove is just too good ;) .. I put 2 bags in this morning and will know how they are burning later tonight when i get home.

BBennett said:
geek said:
BBennett said:
geek said:

thanks,

The bags were clean not really any fines. I wasnt able to burn them overnight , because i still had 3/4 of a bag of okanagan in the hopper( stove is just too good ;) .. I put 2 bags in this morning and will know how they are burning later tonight when i get home.

The trick is to have her elsewhere when bunkering your pellets. Just be careful where you send her to do some shopping ;-).

SmokeyTheBear said:
BBennett said:
geek said:
BBennett said:
geek said:

thanks,

The trick is to have her elsewhere when bunkering your pellets. Just be careful where you send her to do some shopping ;-).

The trick for me has been my flexible work schedule, as a matter of fact i just unloaded 25 bags into the house this morning on my way by while I was working. That seems underhanded until she thanks me again for being warmer. I cant afford to send her shopping and me buying pellets, ;)

Well lookie here! I finally got some of them Greene Teams at the local Lowes in Torrington. :) With the 10% coupon $188 out the door. 2011/2012 stash all set!

They had
Greene Team 14 tons
Stove Chow 15 tons
Inferno didn't even bother to count those!
StarLite 15 tons with another one open on the floor.

I also picked up 2 bags of the StarLite to try/test.

Still might get 1 or 2 tons from the local pellet dealers Once I see the early prices, But I don't expect them to be any lower than what I see them selling for now! Possibly more even?

Attachments

• Greene Team 2a.jpg
    Greene Team 2a.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 842
j-takeman said:
Well lookie here! I finally got some of them Greene Teams at the local Lowes in Torrington. :) With the 10% coupon $188 out the door. 2011/2012 stash all set!

They had
Greene Team 14 tons
Stove Chow 15 tons
Inferno didn't even bother to count those!
StarLite 15 tons with another one open on the floor.

I also picked up 2 bags of the StarLite to try/test.

Still might get 1 or 2 tons from the local pellet dealers Once I see the early prices, But I don't expect them to be any lower than what I see them selling for now! Possibly more even?
Hey Jay, let me know how those StarLite's Burn? I found a guy close to me that has 30 bags he wants to sell. He wont sell individual, has to be the whole lot. Never heard of them before, so didnt want to spend the money. If they were like Inferno's or Nature's Heat-less.

I called bloomfield and secured 2 ton's of Greene's, they said they could sell sold pellet's even if marked, so by Sat when i go I hope i don't get boned with Inferno's!!
Let us know Jaybone's about those Starlites...never ever heard of them!
Starlite.... Starbright.....when you make my stove hot tonight??

you jay .... BIG PIG........lol

Status
Not open for further replies.