Greene Team Platinum

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mepellet

Minister of Fire
Aug 10, 2011
Central ME
Are these new? I tried a search on here and didn't find any mention of them.

Attachments

• IMG_20111010_120805.jpg
    IMG_20111010_120805.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 443
Seeing their sister pellet is Greene Team Gold only sold at the pellet houses/dealers. I bet its just a name change. Gold/platinum always make things sound better!

I'll keep a look out. Did you get any?

Attachments

• greene.jpg
    greene.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 359
j-takeman said:
Seeing their sister pellet is Green Team Gold only sold at the pellet houses/dealers. I bet its just a name change. Gold/platinum always make things sound better!

No I didn't get any... The boss would have killed me if I brought home more pellets.... :)
Are they better than the regular GT's? They were at Lowes.

mepellet said:
j-takeman said:
Seeing their sister pellet is Green Team Gold only sold at the pellet houses/dealers. I bet its just a name change. Gold/platinum always make things sound better!

No I didn't get any... The boss would have killed me if I brought home more pellets.... :)

Not sure, But betting its just a bag change for this seasons goods. If I saw GT's and the platinums, I would go with the platinums(after a trial JIC). Its a safe bet they are the latest stuff from the mills.

j-takeman said:
mepellet said:
j-takeman said:

Not sure, But betting its just a bag change for this seasons goods. If I saw GT's and the platinums, I would go with the platinums(after a trial JIC). Its a safe bet they are the latest stuff from the mills.

The PFI tag/table didn't look any different than the regular GT's so I think you are right.

mepellet said:
j-takeman said:
mepellet said:
j-takeman said:

The PFI tag/table didn't look any different than the regular GT's so I think you are right.

If I find any? I'll do a burn off and we can compare to my old review. See if anything changed. Don't have many lined up so this will add one more to the short list. I'll stop at Lowes tomorrow to see what they have. Was planning on stopping to check the current price anyway!

j-takeman said:
mepellet said:
j-takeman said:
mepellet said:
j-takeman said:

If I find any? I'll do a burn off and we can compare to my old review. See if anything changed. Don't have many lined up so this will add one more to the short list. I'll stop at Lowes tomorrow to see what they have. Was planning on stopping to check the current price anyway!

This was at a southern Maine Lowes. Let me know if you can't find any.

I was wondering the same thing my local lowes in augusta maine is selling the platinums for a $1 more a bag. They also said when they sell out the regular GT they will not order anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.