1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
  1. Curve

Curve New Member

Loc:
    Central, MA
    I bought my 3rd ton of Greene Team. I am a big fan of these pellets. They burn super hot, not much fines, and little ash. The glass seems to only get a small amount of light gray colred ash on the front. Greene Team Pellets are now in stock at Lowes by me for $209/ton, I think I am gunna stick with these all winter. I still don't think I'm worthy of calling myself part of the "Pellet Pig" club yet, but I am now putting them in my storage locker as I have run out of space at home. I have a lot more room there....I think I will pick up another ton next week.
    Greene Team.jpg

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. pell it

pell it Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Rhode Island
    What Lowes has them for $209? Most are getting $260-$270.
  3. djs_net

djs_net Member

Loc:
    CT
    I also like Greene Team and wish they were $209/ton here. Lowes has jacked up the price since they put "Platinum" on the bag.
  4. bayfeet

bayfeet Member

Loc:
    Central Mass
    Which Lowes?
  5. Curve

Curve New Member

Loc:
    Central, MA
    They wer $260 when I bought the first ton, the last 2 tons were $209. check again, i think they may have dropped the price.
  6. Curve

Curve New Member

Loc:
    Central, MA
    Lowes in Milford, MA on Fortune Blvd.
  7. CTguy9230

CTguy9230 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northwest CT
    last week when i called my local Lowes, the price was still 260.00
  8. fmsm

fmsm Minister of Fire

Loc:
    South of Boston MA
    260 a ton there. They must have screwed up on your order. Good for you!
  9. rmcgr8one

rmcgr8one New Member

Loc:
    Southern NH
    $274 a ton here.
  10. Andy P.

Andy P. Member

Loc:
    Central Mass.
    I just checked the Lowes off of 495 in Hudson yesterday and they were $260
  11. Mike D

Mike D Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    North Haven, CT
    I agree that the heat is very good, but have to disagree on the ash. I am cleaning out my firebox almost every day lately. I have played with the OAK on lower heat settings but still have a lot of ash.
  12. hotdawg

hotdawg Member

Loc:
    Central, MA
    I have to agree with you about the amount of ash. Heat is very good but a lot a lot of ash. I don't remember them being this bad last year. I did a deep clean last week, pulling all the ash traps and pretty much taking the stove apart after burning a little less then half a ton. The amount of ash was shocking for how many bags of pellets I've burned. I'm not very impressed with these GTs even if they are only a shoulder pellet.
  13. mrjohneel

mrjohneel Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Suburban Boston
    Burning Greene Golds with a lot of ash. They burn hot though.
  14. Mike D

Mike D Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    North Haven, CT
    I did a deep dive vacuum last weekend. I am ok with these because of the heat and the price I paid, but if the price next season is $270/ton then there are better options.
  15. SXIPro

SXIPro Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern MA
    Yep, and Nashua, Amherst, and Leominster. The only one that said they would not 'discount' the per bag price was Lowell MA and they stuck with the $274.
  16. zrtmatos

zrtmatos Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Connecticut
    For local info pricing purposes:

• Green team is $260 at the Southingon Connecticut Lowes. :mad:
    • Inferno & Green Supreme are $209. ;hm
    briansol likes this.
  17. Hitch

Hitch Member

Loc:
    S.E. Pennsylvania
    Late last winter, my local hearth shop was selling Great Teams for $300 to $325/ton. Fortunately, I had pre-paid months before.

The Green Teams burned great in my stove. Nothing scientific, but I thought they burned hotter than the Hamers. I didn't notice any more ash.
  18. zrtmatos

Loc:
    Connecticut
    What kind of stove are you running that you like these? I am considering getting some from my Lowes with a 10% off coupon I have. With that discount they would come out to $234 a ton.
  19. briansol

briansol Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central ct
    I do'nt know why anyone would buy these at these prices (260+). there's better options at the non-big box dealers for cheaper... like the easy blaze, and dry creek super premiums.
  20. zrtmatos

Loc:
    Connecticut
    I am factoring in delivery. Most small locals charge $50 for the first ton delivered then $10-$15 for every ton afterwards. Adds up quick to maybe $80-$100. I can pick up at a bigbox store on way home every couple days and the back is still strong enough to handle it. :)
  21. briansol

briansol Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central ct
    The local dealer here gives you a week to take home your purchase and will allow multiple pick ups from it. So, you can buy a ton, and take home 10 bags a day as you drive home from work in your car if you don't have a truck to take it all at once. They jus tmark the reciept of what you have taken delivery of to date.
    Or, you can rent the home depot truck which is a 2500/250 and can hold a full ton in its bed for $20 an hour... allegedly :X. do it quick and it's $20 :)
  22. SXIPro

SXIPro Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern MA
    Depends on your location. The only thing in the 260 range near me is NEWP and they suck compared to GTs. For any true premium pellet I am looking at $300 a ton and I have to take quite a drive, I can get the GTs for $234 at four locations less than 20 minutes from me.
  23. PoolGuyinCT

PoolGuyinCT Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Plymouth CT

Not just platinum a, any gt product..
  24. PoolGuyinCT

PoolGuyinCT Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Plymouth CT

You may not get the 10% discount, some lowes not all claim it would be a combined offer ie; skid discount and coupon..

If you read coupon it says ten off transaction... So be prepared to state your case

Lowes has been sinking really "low" this year
  25. corkman

corkman Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    SE,Mass
    hey Curve. i made a trip to lowes in milford today to grab a ton of green team.just the same as all other lowes,$260 a ton.someone screwed up so you got a great deal .so needless to say,the truck came home empty