greenfire gf55 by regency/enviro meridian .any thoughts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

corkman

Minister of Fire
Dec 3, 2009
SE,Mass
i was considering adding a 2nd stove and came across what seems to be a good price on two different stoves from the same dealer.both stoves are $1960.
one is Greenfire gf55 by Regency and the other is a Meridian by Enviro.they seem identical and someone mentioned that they were both made by Enviro.they are both free standing.any feedback on these stoves would be greatly appreciated

is there anyone out there that can help a brother

corkman,

I can't speak for that particular model(I don't own one), But speaking about Enviro in general. Rock solid company and stand behind there products. Quite a bit of features in there line up of stoves. They use an adjustable combustion blower so once you get the draft set for a brand of pellets. You pretty much set through out the heat ranges. Minimal draft adjustment is required once its set.

Hopefully an owner of the meridian will add something. But IMO for the amount they want its a pretty decent price there letting them go for. I have seen them priced much higher than 2K.

I had an igniter issue with my Omega, and had no issue's getting the replacement parts. Deliver was prompt and stove is purring along.

Hope this helps.
jay

thanks Jay.sems like a great price.it's a little mom and pop stove shop i happened upon while on a drive over the weekend.they had the regency greenfire up and running and was kicking great heat at the medium settings.lady said the guts of the two stoves were identical and the only apparent difference was the design of the door.the envir seems the more popular name of the two and based on your response i'm leading more towards that one.regular price was $2600 and theyre now down at $1960

I can't speak for the Regency but I picked up a used Enviro that is used for heating my shop and I love it. Needed a new igniter that I put in.

I can tell you as a Regency dealer, that the GF55 is made by Enviro. In my opinion the GF55 leaves a lot to be desired. You need to open the front door in order the work the heat exchange cleaner, which is moronic. The door handle assembly is bizarre. Decent heat and efficiency. A little loud. Now, on the other hand,I retail these for $2949. So at $1960, is it a good deal? He is selling it at or slightly above cost. So in my opinion your getting a decent stove for a decent price. I sell a few other stoves aside from the Regency, and I would put the GF55 at the bottom of the list of what I would sell with the lowest chance of a service call or complaint.

Probably better than a big box store stove, like the Englanders or US stoves ONLY if your buying it from a dealer who will stand behind the product and warranty it for you. If its a cash and carry as is deal, I'd either move up to something higher end , or save money and buy an englander on closeout. Hell, you could probably buy 2, one for a spare for the same price as the GF55

after looking into a few more stoves i've decided to remove the green fire from my list of choices.

enviro meridian $1960
lennox country winslow $2280
quad rafire classic bay 1200 $2300

here's the deal.i know the prices on the enviro and the lennox are great prices.i have shopped around and no one else is even close.the store is in rhode island and i live in mass.i was hesitant to buy either one from an out of state dealer after everything i had read here about buying from a dealer you could have confidence in.this past weekend i went to check out the quad and the dealer told me the reason the enviro and lennox were so cheap is that the store is going out of business.am i making a bigger deal out of this than i should.should i just grab one of those at a great deal or should i go with the quad from a local dealer.
i honestly know nothing about the 3 stoves i am considering so any and all info would be greatly appreciated.
one question i did have was on the heat exchanger.the quad is aluminum tube,lennox is welded steel and not sure on the enviro.which is better?

Just doing a little research, the Regency rep wants me to sell these. I'm thinking about it. It's made by Sherwood Ind. and is THE SAME EXACT STOVE as the Enviro Meridian or the VistaFlame VS100. I do not have the cash to sell Enviro, nor do I want to open up a full fledged store, so the Green-Fire seems to work for me. I think that the Meridian is a great stove.

Any takers for anything I do not already know about Regency. Any Regency dealers here? Enviro Dealers??

Status
Not open for further replies.