Greenfire upgrade kit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sparke

Minister of Fire
Jul 6, 2006
Maine
I just upgraded my Greenfire. The upgrade included new SS skins, combustion air damper (changed from the modulating Samson type controller), and a barometric damper. I had the boiler down for about a week while I worked on the changes part time. I was so anxious to get the boiler up and running I snapped these pics before I could clean everything up. The kit I ordered came with a pre-fabricated actuator conversion parts but in my haste I did not see it in the packaging and came up with my own design. I wish I had seen the other parts. They were a bit cleaner looking. When I have time, I am going to clean up the plumbing/ skins and give all the black surfaces a fresh coat of high temp. black paint.

Code:
http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p83/sparkie68/Greenfire upgrade/

Copy and paste in web browser...

I forgot to mention the new skins have an access cover to clean the Hx...

Finally got the pictures working. I am not sure why but I can not get the thunbnails working. Once you get to the photobucket site -look to the left of the page for " Greenfire upgrade" folder.

Very nice - I like the shiny industrial look allot better!

I'm curious. There seems to be a piece of refractory running horizontal at the top of the back refractory wall. My stove does not have this "baffle". Was this something you added or did it come with the stove fron Greenfire?

Status
Not open for further replies.