Greenway Pellet Recall - St. Croix Hastings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenlmas

Jun 22, 2008
Medway, MA
I've tracked my flameout problems on my St. Croix Hastings to a jammed/clogged auger. Some of the pellets I'm finding are over 2" long.

I bought 3 tons of Greenway Premium Hardwood pellets and, while searching for a resolution to my problem, stumbled on this topic:

http://forum.iburncorn.com/viewtopic.php?t=8568

Guess what? The date on all of my bags is 03/08. I am the proud owner of 3 tons of these. The poor bastard that wrote the post owns eight.

Has anyone else heard of this recall? I am going to contact pelletsales.com and the manufacturer tomorrow to see if I can find any additional info but wanted to see if anyone here has had the same issue and was able to get any sort of help from their sales company or the manufacturer.

In the meantime, I've got a 40 gallon bin and some 1" chicken wire. Looks like I'll be spending next weekend trying to come up with some sort of sifter.

<sigh type="long" style="dejected">

Thanks,
Steve

No, have not heard of it....but BUMMER.
Noticed a lot of folks lately with jammed augers - I assume this is more than one brand. Yes, you should call the maker - they should definitely do something about it if they want to have a decent reputation in the future. I suppose your pellets might burn fine in some stoves/boilers, but obviously not in yours!

maybe you can find a tiny little miter saw????? :)

My "CleanFire Northern Blend Premium Pellets" (from Pelletsales.com) seem to have broken TWO (separate occasions) 1/2" Lovejoy couplings on my feeder cup mechanics (yes, solid steel busted up!), and now have temporarily seized/stopped on TWO different motors to the feeder cup (yes, I had the original changed out) five different times ~ thus having five 'flameouts'.

My dealer has been trying to make good on all of this, as he has been at my house once per week for the past month and one-half replacing couplings, motors or complete feed assemblies, etc.

\phone rings// ***talks to dealer***

LOL :lol:

Seems as though the guys at Pinnacle are taking this personally and are having a "special" cup made for me with a carbide cutter. :bug:

And talk is, if THAT doesn't solve the issue, then it's time to tweak, i.e. supercharge, the motor :coolgrin:

Until then I'll just continue to stay positive, that the problem WILL be fixed eventually.

8 tons?
Whats he heating, the Boston Garden?!?!?!

I knew those pellets were lousy. Got 2 tons from pellet sales and have been mixing with others just to get rid of them.. Take me 3 years!!

Gonna see if I can find out any thing substantial and see if pellet sales will honor anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.