Greenway Pellets... What's your take on them please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My TSC store has them are they any good??? Any input before I get'em please...

Attachments

• Pellets.jpg
    Pellets.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 614
  • Pellets2.jpg
    Pellets2.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 668
They did good in my stove. I'd say above average overall. If scored at a decent price, I'd have no issues stacking them in the bunker!

I test burned 2-3 bags last winter, and I liked them a lot...good heat, and ash was decent, AFAIR. I'd have no problem burning them again.

Got a Ton last year and I loved them!!! Burned clean and great heat. Wish I could get more of them

I burned 3 tons last year with no problems and I went back and have 3 1/2 tons waiting for this winter. Good heat, no clinkers, consistent length.

GREAT to hear, my neighbor & I have purchased 3 tons, I have been worried until now!!! And at a good price, yeah... $267.00/ton is what they are going for, but we ordered in July and save $30.00/ton

Dummy me...read this thread so went to Lowes and got 12 bags instead of the 2-4 I USUALLY get to try... LOADED with fines, VERY dusty, STINK to high heaven...smell SOUR :( I do have to say the heat output is decent...ash is more than other brands have given me. I think my stove needs adjustment as the none of the pellets are over 1 inch long and are blowing lit out of the firepot :(

And for those of you that read this thread...MERRY CHRISTMAS! :)

I haven't seen these (or anything close to their quality) at Lowe's. I suspect you got Green Team or something. Did your bags really look like those above?

I had a ton of Greenways years back and was very happy with them. Haven't seen them since, and forget where they came from.

For me they were the bast I could get and burn until I found Henry County Pellets(these are locally sold I guess?).As I never saw anyone else on here saying anything about them. Both are made in Tennessee and both burn good.Greenways has alot of dust,got to pour them slowly into the hopper.---Henry County has 0 dust.Greenways has lots more ash than Henry countys.But where the big difference is in the heat.Also Henry Co=$160.00 and Greenways =$200.00.But if I couldn't get Henry Co. I wouldn't have a problem with Greenways.(((No I don't own stock in Henry Co.)))
my 2 cents

Like I said in my post up above, Greenway's are very good pellets. I'm using my 4th ton right now including last year and I screen my pellets. I have MAYBE 5 gallons of fines TOTAL for the 3 3/4 tons. No smell ever. Are you sure you don't have cat taking up a homestead around them? Sure doesn't sound like Greenway.

And I can burn for a week before having to think about dealing with the ash. Almost no build up in the firepot either.

Bought 2 tons at 3.69 a bag. They burn great and not a lot of ash. Top 3 in my book as of know.

Yes, they do look JUST like the bag pictured above...have a date (?) on the corner of each bag of 12-10. As I said...the pellets smell SOUR. NO CATS ALLOWED here ;) We are a Doberman Pinscher household. Pellets are stored in a back spare bedroom :) Yes, they are horribly dusty. So bad that I take them outside and sift them thru a colander ;) Live and learn...probably not one I'd buy again.

Turbo-Quad said:
They Suck.

Don't hold back, T-Q. Tell us what you REALLY think! :cheese:

They must have really gone downhill from last year. Has anyone called them or emailed them to register a complaint?

Burned about a ton & half last season. Have about a ton ready to go this year. Burned a few bags so far this very mild winter...great pellet. The dust varies - but I have never considered them overly dusty OR ashy. Very good heat. I would never hesitate to buy them. Also they smell like oak to me - pleasant scent.

I bought a few the other day and they burn very nice. One of the best I have tried so far.

THE ROOSTER said:
My TSC store has them are they any good??? Any input before I get'em please...

I have burned somerset, country boy white lightening and green ways.
Green ways run my stove outlet air at 350 degrees on low, they are my favorite pellet so far

DobieMom said:
Yes, they do look JUST like the bag pictured above...have a date (?) on the corner of each bag of 12-10. As I said...the pellets smell SOUR. NO CATS ALLOWED here ;) We are a Doberman Pinscher household. Pellets are stored in a back spare bedroom :) Yes, they are horribly dusty. So bad that I take them outside and sift them thru a colander ;) Live and learn...probably not one I'd buy again.

They are keeping me warm this morning when it's 19 outside in GEORGIA!!

As for any stink, I guess if I stored a cord of firewood in my bedroom, I'd smell something too. :)

I get them 200 a ton. And except for 2 bags of Nature's Energy (crap) these are all I've burned. Low ash and more heat then the Nature's Energy (my only reference point).

Little to no dust, no smell, consistent length, good heat. Running 350-360 on outlet temp on medium (cab50 only goes low/med/high).

Status
Not open for further replies.