Greenway Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used them last year, and from what I remember they were ok. I do remember though that they were very inconsistant in length though, with some pellets being 2" long. I contacted the company as well last year about the inconsistancy in size, and if I remember correctly I was told that they had a production problem that may have resulted in some of the pellets being a little on the long side. The email from Greenway also stated that the problem was fixed, and they even offered to send me a free bag (I declined) to check them out. If I was looking at them, (or any other pellets I never tried before) I'd just buy a bag or 2 to try out first, before laying out the $$$ for a couple of tons.

I just got 4 tons from Pelletsales.com the first bag I opened had a lot of 2" long pellets, according to the driver they just came in by train from down south.
Greg

Used them last year; they had a lot of fins plus were long and caused feed problems with my Harman. They seemed to burn good but had to sift them before I dumped them into the hopper. Have a little under a ton left and I am going to mix them with the Hardwood Heat (was told they are Hammer Hot Ones) from TSC.

They seem to burn well, but as said before there are a lot of 2"-2"25 pieces, as I find them I snap them in half. I have 4 tons of these, this means a lot more work.
Greg

There has been a recall on Greenway pellets with the codes 10-07 and 03-08 on the top left of the bag. I called pelletsales.com and they were aware of the problem and policy is to replace any should a customer call. I have 3 tons they are swapping out within a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.