GREENWOOD 200 DAMPER DOOR BUILDUP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VDEJOHN

Dec 7, 2010
CENTRAL NY
I HAVE A GW200 THAT ITS IN ITS 3RD SEASON. I HAD MAJOR PROBLEMS 1ST SEASON. INSTALLER HOOKED UP INCORRECTLY AND WAS HAVING MAJOR CONDINSATION COMING OUT BOTTOM AND EVENTUALLY I HAD A CHIMNEY FIRE! I WAS IN CONTACT WITH HIM THE WHOLE TIME AND HE ASSURED ME THAT IT WOULD GO AWAY. FOUND OUT A VALVE WAS OPEN TO MUCH SEEMED TO CURE PROBLEM. I NOW SLEEP WITH 1 EYE OPEN WHEN BOILER IS RUNNING
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS A CURE FOR THE BUILDUP OF THE BLACK TAR IN THE DAMPER DOOR ON WARMER DAYS. I TRY TO LIMIT THE USE ON THESE DAYS BUT SOMETIMES WE ARE REAL COLD AT NIGHT AND WARM DURRING THE DAYS.
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE IS ANYONE IN CENTRAL NY THAT CAN SERVICE THIS BOILER. I WOULD LIKE TO OPEN IT UP AND INSPECT MAKE SURE THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS INSIDE.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP.

Status
Not open for further replies.