Greenwood boiler cleaning and prep for the season.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deere10

Nov 5, 2009
Upstate N.Y
I have a GW 100. Just installed it last year. I now have the side panel off of it to clean and inspect the unit.Very dirty,i was shocked. Dont know if it was ever cleaned before I got it. I have boiler brushes and can clean the tubes well,and suck out the left over dust. The questions i am posing to other GW owners is what do you use for the insulation on the sides? Reuse what was there? Or install new? If so what can be used safely? Now I have heard some people have cut axcess doors or panels in the side cover to have quick axcess to clean the tubes w/o taking the sides off. If you have done this can you post pics please. Thanks

This is the insulation I use in my boiler, ( rock wool ) inexpensive and works good.

...Insulation link...

Attachments

• MVC-003S.jpg
    MVC-003S.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 255
Status
Not open for further replies.