1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

greenwood boilers 200

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by ace1, Jan 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ace1

ace1 New Member

Loc:
    NJ
    I have a 5500 sq foot home with 2 gas boilers which are controlled by 14 zone valves ,baseboard and 2 50g hotwater heaters which I would like to heat up with a wood boiler and to install in the basment/garage. I am looking for recommendations from people who use it. Does anyone know if it is allowed in New Jersey? Please let me know. Thank you.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Central NYS
    Welcome to the Boiler Room, ace1. We have a couple of Greenwood owners here that I'm sure will be happy to help you out.
  3. ISeeDeadBTUs

ISeeDeadBTUs Guest

Sorry Dude, your post got shuffled down. I have a GW100 in NY. I thought NY was about the last state to adopt the national Code a few years ago, so I am GUESSING the same code applies in NY as 'Joisey. But check with the CEO (or whatever his/her title is down there) The best approach with govt types is to ask questions and tell them you need their 'help'. Things go smoother that way ;-)

If ya got'z specific questions on the GW, I (and the rest of the naturally aspirated refractory mass clan) will help you out as best I/we can.

Jimbo
  4. Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Central NYS
    It's against code to install a wood-burning appliance in an attached garage (though people do it all the time), but I'm sure it's OK to put one in your basement as long as everything is done according to code and local restrictions, if any. Even in Jersey, I'd wager.
  5. Tony H

Tony H New Member

Loc:
    N Illinois
    I have no knowledge of NJ specific codes but in most areas you can install one in a shed or other detached building. You might want to check with your insurance agent and see if it makes a difference in coverage between basement and detached building installation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.