1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Greenwood Heat Retention sensor

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by djblech, Jan 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djblech

djblech Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Bruno MN
    The heat retention unit sensor quit working. ( The reason it quit is a long story for another time.) When I asked Greenwood they said" It's a normal 10k sensor that most controls use" and I should be able to get it locally. I'm not sure what a normal 10k sensor is, or what to order.

djblech
    Greenwood 100

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. lancegillette

lancegillette New Member

Loc:
    Interior Alaska
    Sounds like a temperature sensor.

I've been thinking I should get a heat retention kit for my Greenwood. Would you recommend it from your experience? I don't really need it right now as it seems most useful during warm weather operation. Won't happen here for about 8-10 weeks.
  3. djblech

djblech Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Bruno MN
    The heat retention unit has a couple of good points. 1. If your water temp falls below 140 it shuts the damper to retain heat. This actually does hold heat longer. It also shuts the damper if temp goes over 200. It has a switch that allows you to turn off the unit this also shuts the damper. It has a digital readout that tells the outside of pipe temp. (sensor taped to pipe.) This is kind of nice, it is about 10 * lower than actual water temp but you get used to that.

djblech

Greenwood 100
    Vermont Castings Dutchwest
  4. ISeeDeadBTUs

ISeeDeadBTUs Guest

Have Dave Barber stick his hand on the pipe and when it cools down he can shut the damper.

Nawww, he'd prolly screw that up too!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.