Greenwood Indoor Boiler installation and operation video

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Attached are some pics of what i have going on! Any comment are appreciated.

Attachments

• woodstove 068 (Small).jpg
    woodstove 068 (Small).jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 384
  • woodstove 071 (Small).jpg
    woodstove 071 (Small).jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 397
  • woodstove 072 (Small).jpg
    woodstove 072 (Small).jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 355
  • woodstove 073 (Small).jpg
    woodstove 073 (Small).jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 341
  • woodstove 090 (Small).jpg
    woodstove 090 (Small).jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 352
  • woodstove 091 (Small).jpg
    woodstove 091 (Small).jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 364
  • woodstove 095 (Small).jpg
    woodstove 095 (Small).jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 345
  • woodstove 098 (Small).jpg
    woodstove 098 (Small).jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 342
Duane, Im a newbe but just been reading alot at this site and they say your supposed to burn 16 inch logs and roll them in from east to west. Looks to me your putting them in north to south. Just an observation from the picture

Duane your creosote looks normal or like mine if that is normal. You did a great job cleaning the tubes. The refractory is bright white which means it is burning super hot which is good. I see the insulation sticking out around the return pipe. That is good also (iseedeadbtu's) posted good info about the skins touching the black iron pipe and causing corrosion from the contact. I ground my skins away from the pipes and sealed the opening with electricians putty also known as (dumb-dumb) I sometimes throw logs in front to back if they are to long to go in the reccomended side to side. I priced out stainless steel skins from a place in Allentown PA and the ball park was about $500 for the top sides and back. I do not need them yet but that is the way I will go when the time comes. The air intake tubes are just plain old flexible exhaust pipe you can buy at an auto parts supply.

My pic of the skin did not show up in the post? ill have to reattach it when in get home, im at work for a bit. The pic of the fire is my startup fire and i just stack and stagger what i can get in there LOL i'll burn anything except treated of course, once the fires going i'll roll the big dogs in.... My stove is a 200 and will take up to a 28" log 16" dia, and 12 hour burns are not uncommon just by rolling in 3 or 4 logs which is really nice. I believe it is a bit oversized for my applicaton but i plan on adding a new garage here shortly.
I have replaced the intake tubes already, they kept breaking off where they were welded so i turned short sleeves in the lathe and welded them to the back plate and bought new pipe that i slide into the intake holes and once i get the back plate on i slide the intake tubes up into the sleeves. The last time I put this back together i went threw a couple tubes of hi-temp gasket silicone sealing up all the holes and cracks which seemed to help a bit.
I also seen the info on the skins touching and made sure mine were not.

As for the skins my top appears to be caving in, the insulation is laying right on top of the tubes and the side panels are rusting out. I can build the panels myself and have been kicking around different ways to go about it.
One way is to "sandwich" the insulation between inner and outer skins, but i'm still thinking about it.

Thanks Jesse, I appreciate that! Thanks again for the compliments.
Rich

Hi 91220da,
thought your videos were great. I just purchased a Greenwood 100 furnace second hand, I am getting ready to install it and was wondering the brand of the digital controller you use?
Thanks
GW100

Status
Not open for further replies.