Greenwood problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woody2009

Dec 6, 2014
Indiana
I have a Greenwood model 200. Sometimes the aquastat does not trigger the damper motor to open the damper. I have replaced it and the problem persists. I thought I got a bad aquastat and the company replaced it. I can manually trip it by rotating the dial down and back up and it works. It is set to 180 deg. with a 15 deg difference. When I turn it down past the current water temp and back up it will trigger the damper motor. Example: Water temp drops to 150 and does not trigger the damper, I rotate aquastat down to 140. As it passes 150 it clicks. When I rotate it back to 180 it will trip the damper at or around 150, the current water temp. Any ideas?

Any other control devices in the mix?....Really sounds like an Aquastat....maybe you got a bad one...Again....on mine Power opens the damper, no power, damper stays closed...Stat should cut power to motor closing the damper...Flow switch?

Any other control devices in the mix?....Really sounds like an Aquastat....maybe you got a bad one...Again....on mine Power opens the damper, no power, damper stays closed...Stat should cut power to motor closing the damper...Flow switch?
Yes there is a flow switch. I installed the boiler in 2010 and the first 2 seasons everything was fine. then in started and I installed the new stat, then another. All 3 have done the same thing. Each worked for a while then started to malfunction. May work for a week or two and then start failing. Once manually tripped it may work once or maybe a week or two then it fails again. I've checked for loose wiring thinking the heat may have done something but all connections are tight. I put the original back on and it did the same thing, worked for a while then started to fail. It will each one will always manually trip then work on it's own for a while. I don't have much hair and am about to pull the rest out.

Maybe someone else will chime in, I will mention to one of my buddies, maybe he has an idea, keep us posted...

Try adjusting the differential (small white plastic wheel) to it's lowest setting 5 deg.

TS

Status
Not open for further replies.