Greenwood Transfer Fluid

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Man,
No pressure, no stress, no hurry.

Nice Thread!!! I'm wondering how everyone made out this winter? I am getting ready for rebuild this spring as i complete my 3rd full winter using my Greenwood....
I have been doing alot of searching and reading just to see what everyone else has been doing as far as upgrades and improvements and trying to get a plan together as i have the same results as everone else seems to have..

Thanks for the great info!

duane9835 said:
Nice Thread!!! I'm wondering how everyone made out this winter? I am getting ready for rebuild this spring as i complete my 3rd full winter using my Greenwood....
I have been doing alot of searching and reading just to see what everyone else has been doing as far as upgrades and improvements and trying to get a plan together as i have the same results as everone else seems to have..

Thanks for the great info!

As you may have read from my previous posts, this is my first winter with a GW furnace. I bought a home in August that already had it installed (it's in an outside shed). It's a GW 100 and it's tied to an oil furnace. Unfortunately, I had some major issues when I first fired it up in November - my PEX line actually split and I had to replace it (not a fun process!) It seems that the previous owner ran the furnace very hot year round, which may have caused a weakening of the plastic.

I'm still "learning." The most difficult thing I find is those days which are on the warm side (ie, 40s). It's hard for me not to overheat it on those days. I have to make sure not to add too much wood and to turn my thermostats up.

This year, I'd like to put in an overheat loop so I don't have to worry about the temps getting out of control. I need to read more about how to do this. I'm also interested in learning more about tying it to a hot water heater - does this work well for you?

Thanks for any advice/suggestions you can offer.

" I’m also interested in learning more about tying it to a hot water heater -" Why would U need to heat your hot water?? Sorry - couldn't help my self. too many plumbers in my family.

Status
Not open for further replies.