Greetings from the land of no stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
We'll no heating stoves that is. We're in San Fransisco (aka San Pancho, MX, a bit north of Puerto Vallarta), soaking up some much needed sunshine and rest. The weather has been identical every day. Warm, sunny, in the low 80's during the day and high 50's at night. The thick walls of the house we're in soaks up enough warmth during the day to passively release it at night, so no stoves in sight. The closest fire I have seen is in the wood fired pizza ovens.

Sadly this is our last day here, so I will be ambling down to the beach shortly. Hope all is well up north. I understand we lost power at home for almost a day which probably means a freezer disaster awaits. Have to say the simpler life down here certainly has its attractions. The people and food have been great and the ocean is wonderful. It's been great to get a good vitamin D shot of sunshine.

(And yes, I have raised a shot and few margaritas in salute to the crew of Hearth.com)

Good for you BG....I was wondering where the hell you have been... :)
I hope you took some good pics to share...

Have fun . . . and try to enjoy yourself. You and your family are not forgotten.

BeGreen said:
We'll no heating stoves that is. We're in San Fransisco (aka San Pancho, MX, a bit north of Puerto Vallarta), soaking up some much needed sunshine and rest. The weather has been identical every day. Warm, sunny, in the low 80's during the day and high 50's at night. The thick walls of the house we're in soaks up enough warmth during the day to passively release it at night, so no stoves in sight. The closest fire I have seen is in the wood fired pizza ovens.

Sadly this is our last day here, so I will be ambling down to the beach shortly. Hope all is well up north. I understand we lost power at home for almost a day which probably means a freezer disaster awaits. Have to say the simpler life down here certainly has its attractions. The people and food have been great and the ocean is wonderful. It's been great to get a good vitamin D shot of sunshine.

(And yes, I have raised a shot and few margaritas in salute to the crew of Hearth.com)
Sounds like you're having a nice relaxing vacay. Good luck with the frozen stuff. :sick:
We visited the oldest daughter and gkids back in July in Cali, and I did nothing but relax.
Saw the Pacific for the first time. Very nice time, except the temps were around 100 the whole week.

I spent 3 weeks in that area 2 years ago and it was raining and in the 40s-50s. Go figure!

Glad to hear the trip is going well. Sounds like perfect weather and the pics of the digs look fantastic.

Finger's crossed on the freezer.

pen

I just had a TV dinner and had to put wood in the stove. I hate you. :-/

Have a good time BeGreen.

BrotherBart said:
I just had a TV dinner and had to put wood in the stove. I hate you. :-/

No worries, I will be in the big chill soon enough and it'll feel twice as cold to me.

Hope you had a nice restful vacation BG. My wife has a blast when we are down south watching the whales. It has to rain hard for her to consider something else to do in the morning. Me I just love the sunshine & the slow pace to life that is everywhere. BTW they have it right us not so much....waste our lives chasing money & most of us don't even bother to be buried with it. ;-)

Heck I do that everytime I go shopping at Walmart! HAhahahahahaha

Frozen Canuck said:
My wife has a blast when we are down south watching the whales.

No whales spotted yet. The Humpbacks come down to birth their calves in Bandares Bay, but none spotted so far. However, I did spot a few Walmarts, a Costco and a Sam's Mart around PV. We have stuck to patronizing the small shops and locals. They have been hit by the double whammy of a slow economy and fear of drug wars. It was a pain in the butt in PV. Normally the Malecon (boardwalk) is full of tourists, but so far it is pretty quiet which was nice, but not so nice. With two young men along, we got offers for free tequilla about every 5 steps. One could have gotten seriously plastered without buying a thing in about a block. Lots of cabbies pushing 'la cucaracha' (weed) too. So we walked the side streets and went into the communities including Gringo Gulch which is where Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor's now derelict houses are. It was good to get out of PV.

Up here is San Pancho we sat on the beach all day. There couldn't have been more than 50 people in the 2.5 mile stretch, so we had palapas, surf and cervezas to ourselves essentially. Add a good book and fun waves and it was just perfect. Only sunset pushed us away.

Back from the land of chiles to the land of chilly. It was a nice vacation, but too short. Here's a few pictures. The west coast of Mexico is great for sunsets and margaritas.

Attachments

• IMG_0944web.jpg
    IMG_0944web.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0945web.jpg
    IMG_0945web.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0962web.jpg
    IMG_0962web.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0964web.jpg
    IMG_0964web.jpg