Greetings Pellet People! (new guy)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie500e

Nov 28, 2011
Rockland County, NY
Great forum here! I've had my St.Croix Hastings for about 7 years. It's been flawless although I don't burn much (initially I had it in my 500sq/ft house) now it's on the 2nd floor (550sq/ft per floor) of a newly built garage/loft with radiant heat in the slab. SO, about a ton/year.

I go to town with my shop vac and lube but will definitely be pulling the combustion fan for a cleaning soon based on some pics I've seen on here.

Anyway, I'll attempt to post some pics. My cats love the stove more then me!

Previous location in house with horizontal venting..
Catsonstove.jpg

Current location with vertical venting..
Interiorgarage004.jpg

Reactions: 3jfk
Welcome to the forum.

My cat has his own rocking chair that sits in front of the kitty heater.

He is one spoiled cat.

smoke show said:
welcome.

awesome looking cats!

Agreed. Very cool markings. I'm more of a dog person but would love one of those.

Thanks everyone! They're Bengal cats..very friendly/active. That pic was a few hours after neutering so he was out for the count. Love dogs too but with my schedule cats are just easier.

Welcome to the Forum

Cute Kitties.

I am a cat lover extrodiare. Sadly we have family member that is allergic to cats.

Enjoy the forum

Snowy

Hey Charlie,
Orange County, NY here. Welcome aboard. Dog fan here, but those cats are truly beautiful.
Also big into saltwater reef aquariums, so love the tank too.

Stay warm,
Russ

Welcome.

They look happy.

---Nailer---

Welcome to the forum.

Those cats are the prettiest felines ive ever laid eyes on. What breed are they?

My sister would die for those. She is a cat fanatic. Has 18 in her house.

Welcome! The cats are beautiful and your house is so cozy looking, thanks for the pictures.

Charlie what do you keep in your fish tank? Type of fish?

welcome nice pics

jdempsey said:
My sister would die for those. She is a cat fanatic. Has 18 in her house.

Hey, I think I saw that episode of "Hoarders".

lol, Sorry... I'm sure your sister is more normal than that... but DAMN.

Lots of Hudson Valley people in here...cool.

The cats are Bengals....2 is plenty for me....can't imagine the amount of litter you'd go through with 18!

Actually my fish tank is currently in storage...just had a simple community tank (black tetras, silver dollars, neons). Needed more desk/file space...once I'm in a bigger house I'll set it up again.

To not be totally off topic, I bought 4 bags of American Wood Timbers from a local Home Depot today :).

Welcome aboard! Lots of great people here. The cats are very cool and look happy on top of the stove!

So does this forum whore out our email addresses? Just got a spam email for LASIK surgery and I see the same company in the advertising space on the top of the page. Pellet stove related I wouldn't mind but c'mon. Guess I'll have to have Jack Mehoffer schedule a surgery with this place.

the "cats" are awesome, they look more like bobcats! i doubt the forum gives up our emails, it may be that the email you got placed a cookie in your pc and now you will receive ads based on those cookies.

Thanks...you're probably right...I opened the spam email to mess with them (will schedule an appointment for some fictitious person) and after that saw the ad here.

That wasn't a smart move. The minute you click a link in, or reply to an email like that, they know they have a live person. If they're smart with HTML, even displaying the images in your mail reader will confirm it.

Then they add your email address to a list of confirmed valid contacts, and sell said list to other companies who send spam... then those companies sell their lists, and the cycle continues.

Next thing you know you're getting a few hundred "v14gr4" and "p0rn0" emails a day

Charlie500e said:
So does this forum whore out our email addresses? Just got a spam email for LASIK surgery and I see the same company in the advertising space on the top of the page. Pellet stove related I wouldn't mind but c'mon. Guess I'll have to have Jack Mehoffer schedule a surgery with this place.

I run the firefox web browser with the "adblock plus" plug in and get absolutely zero ads on this site and many others. I didn't know this site even had ads until this post. Love adblock!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.