Greetings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Madhatter

Mar 11, 2011
Northampton County, PA
Well, I have been lurking here for a few weeks now and figured it was time to register and introduce myself.

First off, I am a pellet newbie. I have just purchased my first pellet stove, a 7 year old Harman Advanced.
It is in excellent shape, and I was able to watch it flawlessly run for a few cycles before the previous owner had it removed.
Gave $900 for it, seemed like a fair price to me.

I plan on doing the install myself this summer and I am sure I will have some questions for you all as I get up to speed.

Seems like a good bunch of people here, I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

jamie

Greetings Hatter! Before you know it we'll be stealing your beer and telling what to do install wise.....

Welcome to the forum! good luck with the install and keep us updated WITH PICTURES!

Czech said:
Greetings Hatter! Before you know it we'll be stealing your beer and telling what to do install wise.....

Well, Czech is right about stealin' yer beer, but by the time three people offer advice, you'll be totally forgotten, and everybody will be arguin' about OAK, or Simpson vs. Excel. Just kiddin' (sorta), welcome aboard.

Madhatter said:
Well, I have been lurking here for a few weeks now and figured it was time to register and introduce myself.

First off, I am a pellet newbie. I have just purchased my first pellet stove, a 7 year old Harman Advanced.
It is in excellent shape, and I was able to watch it flawlessly run for a few cycles before the previous owner had it removed.
Gave $900 for it, seemed like a fair price to me.

I plan on doing the install myself this summer and I am sure I will have some questions for you all as I get up to speed.

Seems like a good bunch of people here, I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

jamie

Welcome aboard!

Welcome Madhatter, I have this feeling you'll be right at home here.

Now about that OAK comment, isn't that a kind of tree ;-).

Welcome Madhatter,

Welcome to the forum. As has been mentioned above, we LOVE seeing pics of new installs. Enjoy the heat!

Welcome Madhatter!
Lookin forward to seeing pics when installation is complete.

Welcome! good luck with the install. look forward to stealing that beer, ;) i mean pics of the stove ..

Hey Madhatter, Welcome to the forums! If you have questions, this is the place for answers!

Greatings. Check out the rubber grommets on the auger motor housing. A stove about that age is certain to have worn soft rubber there which will cause the motor to twist under a hard load and the chain may skip the sprockets. The fix: Get rid of the rubber grommets and tighten the motor metal to metal on the housing. A simple realigning of the gears will be needed but can be done with a 1/4 inch allan key and a straight edge..

Status
Not open for further replies.