Grilled swordfish...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

branchburner

Minister of Fire
Sep 27, 2008
southern NH
... for lunch, grilled over the coals in the stove of course. Wow, fresh swordfish steak for lunch... 'cause I'm rich? No, 'cause I'm cheap, and couldn't afford hamburger at five bucks a pound.

Market Basket occasionally sells something they call "fresh swordfish kabobs" which quite often are actually small 1-2'' steaks of 1/3-1/2 pound. Today they were $3.99 a pound, so lunch cost $1.75, plus a few pennies worth of olive oil and lemon juice.

Glad to have you back, Market Basket.

I once had the grilled swordfish at Scoma's on the wharf in San Francisco on business. Incredibly good - but 2 for lunch with a couple brew = $70. First and last time for me. I think I would like Market Basket.

Been throwing steaks into a cast pan and putting it on the coals lately, best indoor steaks you can get (rival the outdoor ones).

Just left the local super market, $4.59/lb for 80% pre packed (not fresh ground) ground meat, crazy. Got a roast that had a sell by date of today, was 4.59/lb but was $4.50 /off so it was about 3.50/lb, did the same with some pork, will grind it all up together and save myself a few bucks.

After spending vacation in the Caribbean and enjoying plenty of goat meat, I'm not sure why it's not more popular here in the states. I found it to be pretty good, granted I didn't have it in the form of steak or burger, but in stews, and rice dishes it was every bit as good as beef.

often times they substitute shark for swordfish.....seen this done for years but shark is still very tasty

I can buy local grass feed beef cheaper that store beef and it's better quality.....that said I'll take fish over beef any day

often times they substitute shark for swordfish.....seen this done for years but shark is still very tasty

I can buy local grass feed beef cheaper that store beef and it's better quality.....that said I'll take fish over beef any day

Although poor, I still buy 1/2 steer for beef each year. I save for it. Grass fed, local. Cut and packaged for $3.50 or so per pound. That, a few deer, squirrels and endless fish caught account for all the meat consumed in my house for a year (aside for chicken for thanksgiving and xmass) Saves me money in the long run buying beef that way and tastes way better than store bought stuff

I imagine beef prices will come back down at some point... fortunately, the wife prefers pork and chicken. Cheap date.

Ahi tuna and filet on a hot rock, seared about 8 seconds per side.....mmmmmm

Love
... for lunch, grilled over the coals in the stove of course. Wow, fresh swordfish steak for lunch... 'cause I'm rich? No, 'cause I'm cheap, and couldn't afford hamburger at five bucks a pound.

Market Basket occasionally sells something they call "fresh swordfish kabobs" which quite often are actually small 1-2'' steaks of 1/3-1/2 pound. Today they were $3.99 a pound, so lunch cost $1.75, plus a few pennies worth of olive oil and lemon juice.

Glad to have you back, Market Basket.

Love swordfish. We have it a couple of times a month. In fact, we're having it tonight but, sadly, not at $3.99 a pound.

Status
Not open for further replies.