Grizzly to heat my shop

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lazeedan

Feeling the Heat
Dec 14, 2006
SW Michigan
I bought an old Grizzly off a friend with the idea of heating my 24 x 32 x 10 shop. It has sat out there for about a year and I keep debating wether to use it or sell it and get a kerosene heater. My shop is a pole barn with 1.5 inch styrofoam insulation walls and ceiling. I have been thinking of buying the chimney set up for my xmas present from my wife of course. It seems like plenty of stove for my shop. Do you guys think I will be happy with it. I am have been planning install with 8" black pipe up 4' with a t. Coming out of T with 8 to 6 reducer and 6" double wall pipe through a wall thimble. Once out side I was planning on double t and double wall up about 9'. Please give me any thoughts.

Just wandering is a set up like this going to take hours to heat up my shop. I hate the sound of salamanders. Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks
Dan

IMG_0323.jpg
IMG_0323.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.