Q&A Grizzly Woodburning Stove Fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I am trying to replace the fan on my Grizzly Woodburning Stove that has gone bad. The windings inside of the motor appear to have had the insulation melted. I don't know if I must replace it with a Grizzly brand fan, if I can just replace the motor, or if they are kind of universal in nature and I can replace it with any stove manufacturer's fan. I would like to make sure that this doesn't happen again so fast because the stove has only been in use for about 6 years and I would have expected the fan to last longer than this. Please advice me where I can get a good replacement fan/motor for my stove that can take the heat.

Answer:

You might be able to find a similar fan at Graingers, a industrial supply house that has hundreds of locations all over the US. However, 6 years is not a bad life span for a fan that is exposed to all this heat and dust. If you remove the fan every year and blow the dust off then it may last a little longer. I think some parts are available at:

RJM Manufacturing Inc.

(715) 720-1794

Status
Not open for further replies.