Q&A Grizzly Woodstoves -Still in Business

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I am inquiring if the "grizzly " brand woodstoves are still in business and/or made. I used to sell them about 10-12 years ago for a company that was trying to get in the business. However- I moved on and I have not heard or seen them since. Also- do all good stoves have a built in heat chamber and rear blower assembly on them or is this only on the upper lines? Also- what is the cost per lineal foot of triple insulated exhaust duct?

Answer:

Grizzly is no longer in Business (2004)<p>
Some parts may be able to be found...see the other Q and A on Grizzley.

<p>All Fireplace Inserts have a heat chamber- and most have a blower cause you must get the heat out from back in the fireplace..however- many good freestanding stoves have neither - since the stove is already "out in the room"
Class A Insulated chimney is from $40. to $60. per foot, plus fittings...plus installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.