1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Ground Hog Day??

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by rideau, Feb 2, 2013.

1. rideau

rideau Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern ontario
    Ground Hog Day!

What's your weather?

We are about 12*F,, cloudy with light snow showers. To be near 0*F most nights this week, with flurries for the next few days.

So, what does that say for March?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

No idea what the temp is COLD ! Its snowing like crazy no wind and the dang car is frozen shut again ! <>

Pete
    ScotO likes this.
  3. CJ_starr

CJ_starr New Member

Loc:
    NH
    Hate it when that happens, especially with plastic door handles. Learned that lesson one to many times..;em
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  4. Delta-T

Delta-T Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NH
    ...is one of my favorite funny movies. You know, Bill Murray has never even been nominated for an Academy Award? not even nominated. How he get snubbed for movies like Groundhog Day, What About Bob, Stripes, Caddyshack (which he did almost completely unscripted), and Ghostbusters?
  5. Thistle

Thistle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central IA
    One of the dissenters I see..... 19 & sunny here right now,upper 20's later today & through Monday.Warmest its been all week. I dont think we'll see an early Spring around here.

Attached Files:

ScotO likes this.
  6. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Punxsutawney is right up the road from me (around an hour and a half, actually), we've never been up to the festivities but it used to be a three day drinking party up there, back in the day! They've since made it more family friendly (I believe its a dry event, now). Thought about venturing up there tonight but decided not to, it'd be a really long day and I'd end up sleeping all day tomorrow!

Right now its 20°, partly sunny and flurries here. That little bastage will probably see his shadow, I'm hoping anyway.........;)
  7. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

Cold weather through Wednesday, 15 for a high during the day, -12 that same night. We have this for our area at the moment.
    ...LAKE EFFECT SNOW ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM EST THIS EVENING...
    THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BURLINGTON CONTINUES THE LAKE EFFECT SNOW ADVISORY...UNTIL 10 PM EST THIS EVENING.
    * LOCATIONS...SOUTHEASTERN ST. LAWRENCE COUNTY OF NEW YORK.
    * HAZARD TYPES...LIGHT TO MODERATE LAKE EFFECT SNOW.
    * ACCUMULATIONS...4 TO 8 INCHES OF SNOW.
    * MAXIMUM SNOWFALL RATE...UP TO 1 INCH PER HOUR...MAINLY THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH EVENING.
    * TIMING...A LAKE EFFECT SNOW BAND OFF LAKE ONTARIO WILL PIVOT NORTHWARD AND AFFECT SOUTHERN ST. LAWRENCE COUNTY TODAY. SNOW WILL BE LOCALLY MODERATE TO HEAVY AT TIMES THROUGH THIS EVENING...BEFORE PIVOTING BACK SOUTH OF THE REGION AND DISSIPATING TOWARDS MIDNIGHT.
    * IMPACTS...DIFFICULT TRAVEL OWING TO SNOW COVERED ROADS AND LOW VISIBILITY.
    * WINDS...SOUTHWEST 10 TO 15 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 20 MPH.
    * TEMPERATURES...HIGHS AROUND 20.
    * VISIBILITIES...BELOW A QUARTER MILE AT TIMES.
    PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...
    A LAKE EFFECT SNOW ADVISORY MEANS LAKE-EFFECT SNOW IS FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DIFFICULT IN SOME AREAS. LAKE-EFFECT SNOW SHOWERS TYPICALLY ALIGN THEMSELVES IN BANDS AND WILL LIKELY BE INTENSE ENOUGH TO DROP SEVERAL INCHES IN LOCALIZED AREAS. USE CAUTION WHEN TRAVELING.
    ScotO likes this.
  8. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

9. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Bill Murray has to be some sort of town hero to Punxsutawney. he's done more to improve the Chamber of Commerce's bottom line than anyone.