Growl from Austroflamm Combustion Fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RKBAGUY

Feeling the Heat
Sep 29, 2013
Milford, PA
Getting a little 'buzzing' that turns into a bit of a growl from my AF combustion motor. Bearing spins freely, but I'm wondering if I should oil the shaft or... what...???

Last edited:
...maybe she's hungry :)

Not sure about yours, but as far as I know, I am not required to grease any parts for life. Someone will know about your unit better than me.

Yah, same here but in my case, the stove is 23 years old and on the original motor, if I'm not mistaken. Just wondering if disassembling the fan or a shot of WD40 might solve the problem.

Nix on the WD-40. It's not much of a lube. Non-detergent 20 weight oil is preferred. Disassembly of the motor and cleaning and lubing the bearings is the best way, assuming you have bearings and not bushings.

The bearings have hi temp grease.I can put bearings in one in 5 min.with motor out.There are threads on here explaining the difference in the bearings(skateboard bearings are oiled,will not last long).

Status
Not open for further replies.