Gs??????? SHeesh

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogwildz

Minister of Fire
BAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UGG UGG
Just don't seem right I tell ya.

Hey, I have a gas fireplace! Soon to be two!
Very efficient and clean.........

We have quite a few questions in the Hearth Room about there, so I am moving them here and also allowing a space for new ones. I know it was not the preferred cave fuel.....since, unlike wood smoke, it did not keep the insects away.

My whole life (all nearly 60 years of it now), there've been only two places I ever lived (on land) where NG wasn't available. One was in southeastern Idaho (Idaho Falls) 1970-1974, the other is where I live now. I've basically always had NG service for space heating, water heating, and sometimes for cooking. Now I don't. I miss it. I'd like to cook with gas, and I'd like to have a NG forced air system as a backup to my wood heat. All I have is electric. Works OK, but I miss my gas. I'd really like to have gas. Maybe we'll go get Taco Bell for supper. Rick

Funny you should mention that Rick. I live off a stone/dirt road that all of us neighbors own & maintain.
The gas Co. has a huge pipeline that run under it and through the fields along each side.
They are getting ready to lay yet another run of pipe under it. This is about1/2 mile from my house. You think I could get NG? Nada.
I use propane for stove. Paid about 25 since moving in for cooking with LP.
I do wish I could get NG instead of the oil burner for back up to the wood heat.
Needless to say, I still refuse to purchase oil.

BTW, the pipe they are laying looks to be about 4' in diameter. Big arse sheet.

Webmaster said:
Hey, I have a gas fireplace! Soon to be two!
Very efficient and clean.........

I take it the new wood stove project has been shelved?

Hogwildz said:
Funny you should mention that Rick. I live off a stone/dirt road that all of us neighbors own & maintain.
The gas Co. has a huge pipeline that run under it and through the fields along each side.
They are getting ready to lay yet another run of pipe under it. This is about1/2 mile from my house. You think I could get NG? Nada...

Sounds familiar, Hog. We live just outside the city limits. The city has gas service. My cousin lives 3/4 mile east of me on 5 acres, and there's an easement across his property for a big buried NG pipeline. Neither of us has gas service available. Ah well. Rick

What the.......
Where the heck am I?
Gas????
Sheet...how'd I get here?
Somebody moved the Green room on me.

Wheres that dang reverse button on this thing anyways, ahhh, there it is

I think "The Gas Chamber" would have had a certain charm.

Good choice Craig. We have an oil boiler, propane insert , and a wood insert. No doubt I`ll have some questions and perhaps answers regarding the propane insert this coming winter. kudos!

Hope this isn`t posted twice? Last one didn`t seem to launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.