GTI 5000GDV PARTS?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sungaia

Dec 18, 2013
oregon
I have a GTI 5000GDV gas insert.
It won't turn on even though the pilot is lit.
I'm guessing I need to replace the thermocouple?
Does anybody know where I can get part for this unit?
Thanks,
Steve

if the pilot is lit is the control knob on the valve turned to the ON position?

is the letters HIS in the model # for the fireplace the gti is basically a renamed heatn glo unit

Reactions: Sungaia
Here are a few pics of the thermocouple. I went to Ace and they're generic devices are different than what I have in my insert.
IMG_1956.jpg IMG_1960.JPG IMG_1961.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1956.jpg
    IMG_1956.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_1960.JPG
    IMG_1960.JPG
    218.1 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_1961.JPG
    IMG_1961.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 273
you need a thermopile thats the probe sticking up next to the pilot .Try this first down on the gas valve you have 3 terminal screws with the pilot lit and the valve turned to the ON position take a piece of wire a paper clip anything metal will work and touch the top and bottom screws at he same time you will not get shocked or anything

if the pilot is lit is the control knob on the valve turned to the ON position?

Problem solved. It was the control knob. Thanks xtrordinair! I'm used to a different type of knob ;-). I couldn't get the knob to turn, but the pilot stayed on. I assumed the valve was open. It seems the thing needed to warm up a bit before the knob would actually turn.

sometimes its the simple things! some customers act like i'm being insulting when i ask if the gas is on or if the cord is plugged in. LOL
nice job xtrordinair

Status
Not open for further replies.