Guess I'm not done.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Locust Post

Minister of Fire
Jan 12, 2012
Northeast Ohio
I had finally decided about 3 or 4 weeks that I wasn't cutting and hauling anymore home which made the wife happy. I still have a lot to split and stack and have been working on that as much as possible but I was hoping to see the light at the end of the tunnel on that too. I easily have 3 years worth even if we have some nasty winters. Well one of my best friends tells me at church last Sunday that his neighbor had guys in as he had sold the timber. My friend said the neighbor had told him he could cut all the tops and he was going to hit it as hard as possible so he could get ahead. Now mind you he has a portable mill and saws and drys lots of lumber so he usually has a lot of his firewood in slabs from that. I never said a word because I figured he would want me to help. Not that I would not help him with anything in a heartbeat I just was hoping it could wait till Fall. Well he called tonight and ask if I needed some firewood because he says he cannot possibly cut all this before it rots. Yes he wants me to help now not in the Fall. I could not say no.....but I did say lets just keep it that I am helping you so the wife does not have a stroke.

Reactions: ScotO
Its hard to turn down wood, I can never seem to get ahead either, soon as I make a dent in the wood I have some new wood comes along. As long as you have room might as well cut it.

Its hard to turn down wood, I can never seem to get ahead either, soon as I make a dent in the wood I have some new wood comes along. As long as you have room might as well cut it.
My wife thinks I spend to much time on wood. Maybe I should heat the house with electric a few months and let
her pay the bill. I bet she would change her tune pretty fast. I told her the tree in the front yard is cleaned up and she said " GOOD ! Now you can move on to the important stuff. " Like dry wood, and a warm house is not important. LOL

As long as I keep up with the honey-do list I can cut/split all I want. Started my first wallpaper project last weekend and spent yesterday afternoon aquiring a truckload of hickory. When I returned home I was asked when the wallpapering would be 100% done...by the end of the month honey, I then got the look "it better be done in the next 2 weeks" so I guess I'll split/stack this load before going back for more and get that damn wallpapering done!

I'm also a few years ahead and when an opportunity comes around for more I just can't pass it up.

I think it is Spring time amnesia. LOL

Never enough LP, when my wife said how much wood do we need >> my reply was we can always up our wood consumption.

zap

I just cut whenever I feel like it, and the rest can wait. I've been told "we have enough wood", but ignored the comment. Dang city gurlz.
Bev's pretty organized, yet still doesn't quite understand why we need to have the wood done NOW for 3 years down the road.
That's why I keep doing what's needed, as needed. Someone's gotta' do it, and she won't.....Soooo
If someone wanted to keep dropping off wood at my house FOR FREE, you bet your azz it would be dropped off in my driveway, my yard, wherever.
Keep it coming, I'll make room.
Up here, if you don't have at least a log load in your drive, or several stacks of c/s, people look at you funny. Of course, most of that doesn't happen until the fall.:confused:

looks like I'm not the only one with this problem....>> And to think this whole time I thought I was alone! :rolleyes:

Reactions: woodsmaster
It is just such a wonderful problem to have...

It's a past time for a lot of us, not just work. You could be at the bar 3 nights a week........which is better? Cheers!

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Status
Not open for further replies.