Guide-Master 12-ton Log Splitter, good price?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spring return = single acting cylinder vs the speeco and most other in that class on up which are double acting.
Single acting - when you let go of the control valve it starts returning as no fluid is being pumped into ram, the spring pulls the ram back forcing the fluid back to the reservoir. Generally the valve does not lock in the extend position.

Nate - not knowing your supply lines up there...what other common options is there for splitters. Just asking because at $925 sounds real close to some splitters available down yonder here, but maybe not so approachable in your neck of the woods (price).

Again - I am not trying to bash this splitter. It appears to be a light duty unit and if that fits the bill it is good to go.

And if it doesn't run right just hit it with your purse.;lol <---obvious joke, take no offense.

It's a double acting rebuildable cylinder, power in and out. I'd hardly call it light duty, but it's not "heavy duty" is all.
For a 20-30 ton unit, they are around 2k. I didn't want a large expensive machine that would take 2 guys to move around and use half my shed to store. It's just not needed for the wood we typically burn.

I've hac no trouble at all with it. The work I've done on it was just my own tinkering to get more production out of it. Remember, I use this splitter for my side business selling firewood.

Status
Not open for further replies.