Guitar lessons with Dad

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bfunk13

Minister of Fire
Sep 11, 2008
Wyoming
I bought my son a Les Paul mini a couple years ago for Christmas.
I could tell at the time he was not impressed. Played it for 2 minutes and there it sat in the case. I never pushed him to do anything so i figured maybe some day.
The other night i was playing a couple tunes and he comes in with his guitar and says "i want to learn to do that" . I figured the guitar would end up on ebay or something eventually. Well a couple, three times a week we have a little lesson. He is learning little bits at a time, sometimes its pretty noisy, but damn does he look cool!

DSC07050_2.JPG

A fine young man you have there. He may grow up to be a Rock God... Or just ring a tune around the campfire. Either way, you should be proud, Dad... ;)

I have a 10 yr old thats into everything I was into. He loves to play baseball, football, Scouts, and also ride Quads amd Dirtbikes.

Reactions: bfunk13
I hope he picks it up. It may be frustrating at first, but once he hits a few easy chords, it may fall into place.

My son tries to play "Man of constant sorrow" on his small acoustic. He is out of tune and does not hit a note, but it sounds great. I figure that at some point he will take an interest and learn some chords and a simple song...

I used this site to learn chords:

http://www.chordbook.com/guitarchords.php

Reactions: bfunk13
I have been playing off and on for 25 years.

The internet is an awesome resource for guitar instruction.

Status
Not open for further replies.