Gunner Mountain

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
My wife wanted me to open this up (done) so we could run the rhino the length of the ridge, the first tree down was a pine and directly behind that was some beech and at the far end we have a nice sugar maple thats been down (will buck up next weekend) and one smaller beech pictured in the trailer.

My wife named it Gunner Mountain because you have to really gun the rhino to get up it.

zap

Attachments

• 100_1431.jpg
    100_1431.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 235
  • 100_1432.jpg
    100_1432.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 227
  • 100_1434.jpg
    100_1434.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 262
  • 100_1436.jpg
    100_1436.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 220
Zap,

Looks as your wood trails are in much better shape than mine. My neighbor had his land logged 2 years ago this coming Feb. and the weeds are over my head when I am sitting on my 4 wheeler.

Could you please give me or send me info on your wood trailer you pull behind?

Thanks
Shipper

Zap, if you don't already sell wood you're going to need to sell it because it's all going to rot or get eaten by critters long before you can ever burn it. What do you have now? 50 cord?

CountryBoy19 said:
Zap, if you don't already sell wood you're going to need to sell it because it's all going to rot or get eaten by critters long before you can ever burn it. What do you have now? 50 cord?

I have 54 face cord today cut and split with 45-46 stacked. This winter instead of cutting on the weekends I can cross country ski some.

zap

zapny said:
My wife wanted me to open this up

lol, no problem honey, I will get that nasty beech and sugar maple out of the way for you.

SolarAndWood said:
zapny said:
My wife wanted me to open this up

lol, no problem honey, I will get that nasty beech and sugar maple out of the way for you.

Solar it only took me a year! Great view in the fall with the leaves changing colors.

zap

I heard ya. I haven't taken the tractor up to the camp in a few years to clean up the trails. It turns into bushwacking pretty quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.