Gut calls on PE T5 Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daveydog

Jul 25, 2010
Central MA
Long Short... PE-people, do you think the new t5 insert can do the job in a 1800 sq ft home, cathedral ceiling in the room (22') it would be in, some drafty spots in house, no long hallways, fairly open house. The wait-time for (our on order of PE Summit Insert) is bamboozling me... giving the boss time to look at pictures of the pretty new cast iron model... I like em both, just want it to do the job. I know the Summit will do it, question is, would the t5 work. I think I know what folks will say (bigger better), and I agree....but if anyone's experience out there suggests the t5 is plenty, that might convince me... I tend to be an over-kill type with everything. Can't wait to get our install...

Status
Not open for further replies.