H-Frame for cutting splits to length (PICS)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gasifier said:
the history of this site. Who developed it? Who are the moderators? What does he and they do? Are they in business in this field? ETC. Maybe I can get that from the "man upstairs" himself. :)

The man upstairs himself? :lol:

Loco Gringo said:
Here ya go Steve. 5 pallets using a few braces and I had a sturdy wood rack for nothing. I had the red roofing already but I bought the 2x4's to keep them supported. So for around 12 dollars I am good to go. As you may see I have my 8x16 porch lined with white oak to keep my girls from falling over. Ill burn that as a last resort in order to keep it in place as a border and bench type lining. I have all flat slab splits on the top to keep it neat and useable as seating. All together what yousee is about 30% of my supply, but some is still in rounds to be busted this winter for 2013-2014.

Nice use of the pallets Loco, think I'll try the same. Do you think one diagonal brace on each end, between the stacks, would be sufficient?

Status
Not open for further replies.