Had a Car Remote Installed....was wondering?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MainePellethead

Minister of Fire
Dec 9, 2007
Southern Maine
Hey people...

I had a car remote installed yesterday.... I will be calling the installer but was just curious and maybe I can fix myself easily. I had an AVITAL Model 4103 installed. I have had car remote starters before but with this one I come across something I have never seen before. The remote starter works great.....BUT.... upon starting the vehicle will go into flashing mode on the vehicle instead of the lights staying on all the time after it starts. The book says it has 2 modes and the factory mode is the flashing mode....I dont want my flashers flashing! lol.... Can anyone help...it doesnt say how to switch in the manual...if you cant help then its back to the electronics store :) Thanks in advance..... :)

If I remember correctly (and I probably don't) any programing changes have to be made with a tool (similar to a mechanics scan tool) for DEI products. I had an Avistart a while back and loved it. Got the window control module, and had the guy set it up, so after a certain amount of time after leaving the truck it would roll up the windows, lock and arm itself. With the window module (530T I think) you can also roll the windows down with the remote. A quick press will crack the windows, hold it longer and they go all the way down, unlock then lock and they go back up. Plus this gives you one touch up and down for two windows (the one touch will also work using ONLY the 530T module without the remote start or alarm)...

Sorry, kinda long. Hope that helps some...

Here's the installation manual with programming instructions, including changing the options from having your parking lights flash during remote start operations or having them stay on constantly. Page 35, menu 2.
http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/IG/Avital/N4103_2008-07_web.pdf

Not sure if you have a "programming button" or if you need to bring it back to the installer to program, but the manual shows you all the options you have in that unit.

Thanks guys for the responses. I didnt get a chance to get back in but I did go to the installer. It was a 2 minute fix for the tech. Basically just a flip of a button under the dash lol. But... was told....with the new Jeep models and a couple others.... they cant tap into the "constant" of the lighting....something to do with the security system in it....they either have to be flashing or off. So I wanted them off. lol...

Thanks again for the help...

Status
Not open for further replies.