Had the Afterburn chamber replaced yesterday.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MishMouse

Minister of Fire
Jan 18, 2008
Verndale, MN
Had the TL-300 for around 5 years and yesterday I had to get the chamber replaced.
In October the center Harman brick brok exposing the AB chamber to direct heat from the wood.
When this happened I knew it could have damaged the AB, but due to the expense and a suggestion from the dealer I continued to burn with it. I still was able to get a AB going, but it took much longer to get it active and I had to get the stove to a higher temp along with the stove pipe. Then the AB was very unstable, causing smoke to come from the chimney and a loss of heat from the AB. (Typically the basement is above 75::F and the upstairs is around 72::F, with the AB not working properly the basement got into the upper 60's while the upstaris got into the lower 60's.

Yesterday when I had them do a chimney clean along with a check of the AB, as I expected around where the center Harman brick was located a hole was worn in the AB chamber. They replaced the chamber and now the stove is burning like it used to. Was able to get the basement from 64::F to 71::F in in around 5 hours with plenty of heat coming upstaris. Night and Day difference.

For the other Harman owners who had to replace your AB how much have you paid?

If I remember correctly it was 300 dollars. We did not keep the stove do to issues I won't go into but we never ended buying one from that dealer.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.