had to break into the hickory

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sullystull

Feeling the Heat
May 7, 2008
WV Mountains
our forecast:

Winter Storm Warning
Hazardous Weather Outlook

Tonight: Snow showers and areas of blowing snow. Low around 16. Breezy, with a west wind between 18 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

Monday: Snow showers and areas of blowing snow. High near 20. Wind chill values as low as -1. Breezy, with a west wind around 21 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Monday Night: Snow showers and areas of blowing snow. Low around 12. Wind chill values as low as -4. West wind around 18 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Tuesday: Snow showers and areas of blowing snow before 1pm, then snow showers likely after 1pm. High near 18. Wind chill values as low as -6. Breezy, with a west wind around 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.

STAY WARM OUT THERE FOLKS!!!

Too bad South Florida did not beat Uconn or WVU would be in a BCS bowl. Good game. I have some hickory cut, but it will be next years wood, I hear it burns great. Locust and Oak are my heavy hitters this year. Enjoy.

If I had some hickory, I'd still wait until January or February when the real cold settles in. Even then I'd burn it only during the nights. We always try to save the best for the worst part of winter.

Backwoods Savage said:
If I had some hickory, I'd still wait until January or February when the real cold settles in. Even then I'd burn it only during the nights. We always try to save the best for the worst part of winter.

That's what the white oak is for :)

Run What You Brung!

Status
Not open for further replies.