Had to chuckle to myself this morning...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Badfish740

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2007
On the way into work I was listening to a rep from the local utility on the radio urging folks to put on an extra sweatshirt, use an extra blanket at night, and try setting the thermostat to 67. It was comforting to think of my Englander chugging away with a load of oak at home...

Why the heck would you need an extra sweatshirt or extra blanket at 67? That is T-shirt weather.

Why the heck would you need an extra sweatshirt or extra blanket at 67? That is T-shirt weather.

Guess I'm a wimp then. 72-74 during waking hours is what I try to maintain, but that's probably because the house can be drafty (still working on air sealing) in places. Sleeping is a different story-depending on how much I stuff the firebox and when the temps will get down to 65-67 but the window is open in the bedroom year round regardless. Well, cracked this time of year :p

Reactions: Jags
Our house, 67-68 perfect 70 slider opens. If for some reason it gets to 72 or above the slider opens and the whole house fan gets turned on for a few minutes.
Wife is warm blooded.

It's just over 71 in here where I sit, yet even with socks and slippers on, my feet are chilled.
Drafts. Backs of my arms are also cool. It's 30 outside.
Dat ain't right.
My thermostat isn't even on the wall anymore.;lol

I love it cool while I am sleeping. No hoodies, sweatshirts or pants for that matter. I think I would smother. Meanwhile my wife brings a down-filled blanket UNDER our bed covers!

I want it cold, I will put blankets on. Nice cool air (63-64) and a great night sleep. Otherwise I have one leg outside of the blankets and I flip/flop looking for the coolest spot on my pillow.

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.