Had to do it. Didn't want to, but...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingcow

Minister of Fire
Jun 4, 2008
northern-half of maine
Turned the radiant floor on in the kitchen. Didn't want to, but it was a little nippy, especially on the toes. It's ceramic tile, the floor heat makes it comfortable. My kitchen is 25% of the 1st floor area, and that little bit of heat is all we need for the 2 story house, this time of yr. Got the water temp turned down to about 110f, in the dead of winter need to turn it up to about 135ish. It's staple up under two layers of plywood. The circ is controlled by temp probe just above the floor. That's set just to bring the room up a couple of degrees. Just got to build a fire a little more often. It won't be long now, Ole' man winter is just around the corner.

Yes it will be here soon. I've run my heat a couple of nights and have it on right now drying towels on the rads.

Status
Not open for further replies.