Had to start the boiler again today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roundgunner

Feeling the Heat
Nov 26, 2013
Rural CT
It is cold again and it bugs me to have the oil dragon roaring so the fire is burning at my house again. I wore my winter coat again today.

The 3 lumberjacks and friend.

Reactions: hobbyheater
I let mine go cold. I'm sitting in my RV far enough south so I didn't get into the tornados but I did listen to an 11 hour thunderstorm and the pitter patter of 8 inches of rain overnight.. Lots of damage here on the Gulf Coast,

I let mine go cold. I'm sitting in my RV far enough south so I didn't get into the tornados but I did listen to an 11 hour thunderstorm and the pitter patter of 8 inches of rain overnight.. Lots of damage here on the Gulf Coast,

Where exactly are you Fred. I haven't heard from some friends who are currently down that way. Pan handle of Florida somewhere.

I'm in Gulf Shores Alabama only about 7 -10 miles from Pensacola which is underwater. If they're over there they could be in trouble. People are being rescued from their attics. I just heard the official report. 24 inches of rain in 26 hours.

It is cold again and it bugs me to have the oil dragon roaring so the fire is burning at my house again. I wore my winter coat again today.

Same here! Will it never end? By the way, I built a log bucking stand out of 2x4's almost identical to what I see you have in the background. Works great and relieves some stress on the old back.

I'm not sure about the splitter, I traded a couple guns for it and cash. It is a 6.5 Briggs and starts right up. If I run across the manual I will tell you the name.

Better photo of splitter.

Reactions: NHcpa

NICE!!!
What life is all about...

Running my boiler for the last 2 weeks on and off...firing every couple of days.....scored standing dead red oak(20 ft tall..16" diameter).....MC 13.5. when split....5 minutes after bucked and less than an hour after drop.......burning it as we speak....Found 5 more..and 2 dead black birches(no core rot yet...SCORE)....waiting for rain to pass. and they are getting owned this weekend..life is good.

Scott

I'm down to around two fires a week now. Mostly for domestic hot water, and to take the chill off once in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.