Hamers ,,FINES!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

somdpellethead

Jan 10, 2015
Lusby md
Bought a ton of Hamers in December and the amount of fines/ sawdust is ridiculous . Put bags in a mesh chum bag and shook em out and some bags produced 3+cups ,far more than anything else I've had. Anyone else experiencing this ? They do put out some serious heat though!!

They do seem a bit finey, but so new to pellet heating we've no real benchmark. Seems to vary a lot, bag to bag. But a couple of other brands we've tried trail 5-bag runs of, produced less heat and WAY more ash.

I am burning my Hamers now and haven't noticed any fines or excessive sawdust in bags. They do throw lots of heat, wow.

I ll have to check the date. When I buy a new batch of pellets I always sift some just to see what kinda fines they have plus check for super long pellets etc. I use 1/4" mesh. Much if what shook out of the hamers wasn't super fine dust but maybe "borderline fines" ? Maybe it's ok but it's always 3-4 times what other pellet brands sift off even nations choice (which suck) . I think the smaller hamer pellet size results in the hot burn . Maybe I should just dump the bag and let em eat

Status
Not open for further replies.