Hamer's Hot Ones

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyd

Feeling the Heat
Aug 8, 2008
Hughesville Md
Are the Hamer's a quality pellet? My local hardware store has them for $256 per ton. Im ready to pull the trigger. Any users?

I can't give you any long term results but I bought 4 tons of Hamer's Hot Ones in June ($245 each + del) and so far they ignite every time and burn well in my Quad CB1200. There are some fines in each bag but I can't imagine it being enough to cause any troubles...

I say buy 'em...

we burned (hamer's hot ones in 05).....unable to acquire any since then.....wish we could.....they burned great in our (quad castile free standing)....buy with confidence....

I've burned them before and have 4 tons sitting in my basement now for the upcoming year. They are my 2nd favorite behind a local sawmill's.

I had nothing but trouble with them. Pellet length was wildly inconsistent, with many, many monster pellets that caused a bridge jam in the hopper of my Quad 1200. One beast measured 2.5 inches long. I called and spoke with Lorie Hamer, who said she would route 15 free bags to me. That was five years ago, and I'm still waiting...

Oh yeah, fines were excessive as well

Best pellet I have burned so far! No problems with pellet length. Low ash and good heat!

Thanks everyone for your replies. This pellet stuff is all new to me so I'm trying to tip toe. I have it down to Hammers or Lignetics. With the price being the same, I leaning towards the Lignetics. So far its been interesting.

Why not split your order and get both? Then you will know 100% for sure what you like best. I've heard lots of good things about Lignetics as well, but never burned them. Good luck with your pending decision.

tonyd said:
Thanks everyone for your replies. This pellet stuff is all new to me so I'm trying to tip toe. I have it down to Hammers or Lignetics. With the price being the same, I leaning towards the Lignetics. So far its been interesting.

I agree w/ you based on the $ being the same....I'd stick w/ the Lignetics......have heard nothing but good things about them, and I bought 3 tons myself to go along w/ the 3 tons of NEWP I already had.....really looking forward to seeing which one is "better". I'm betting their about the same.

I purchased a bag of the Lignetics today and was wondering why the salesman said they will be going up $10 a ton tomorrow. I got on the forum to learn oil is up today. He gave me a signed business card with todays price on it. $249

tonyd said:
He gave me a signed business card with todays price on it. $249

That's not a bad price for Lignetics....if your in the market, and they have the amount you need, better get there tonight and sign-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.