Hamers or Barefoot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MCweld

Feb 26, 2010
N.E. Pa.(Lackawanna Co.)
Hi everyone:
Spring special on pellets. I can get Barefoot for 225.00 or Hamers Hot One's for 206.00.
This price is good for a few weeks. I have burned Barefoot seemed very good, also heard alot
of good things about Hamers. Any advice from you guys is much appreciated.
Thanks Matt

I don't think you could go wrong with either. I see you have already burned the barefoots. How did they burn for you?

I burned both and liked both very much. But I would need to give the edge to the Hamers. They burned a little cleaner(less ash) and hotter for me. Plus there cheapier too!

If you can't decide you could split the needed amount. Really both are very good pellets. Easily in my top ten list of good pellets to burn! Please at least try the Hamers I promise you will like them too!

I'd get one of each- here's why.
The Hamers are smaller in diameter and very short and burn great-one of the best ever...--but the slide plate on the Harman stoves occasionally really bangs loud because its so hard to break a small pellet, like Hamer. I buy Hamers all the time and just mix them with another pellet brand that has a larger diameter and no more banging slide plate.. but thats just me.

trylon said:
I'd get one of each- here's why.
The Hamers are smaller in diameter and very short and burn great-one of the best ever...--but the slide plate on the Harman stoves occasionally really bangs loud because its so hard to break a small pellet, like Hamer. I buy Hamers all the time and just mix them with another pellet brand that has a larger diameter and no more banging slide plate.. but thats just me.
How do you mix the pellets, do you pour a bag of each and mix them in something?

Just mix in the hopper- half bag of each then mix by hand. Or toss in a big plastic coffee can full of each and mix. Just less chance of the loud bang if diluted with other longer and fatter pellets.

Status
Not open for further replies.