Hammer Hot One

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LMPS

Feeling the Heat
Dec 12, 2010
Coastal, Maine
Any one in Maine know who carriers Hammer Hot One pellets? I know that they are the Hardwood Heat sold TSC and Winter Warmers at Home Depot.
I was looking for some to test before the end of the season. I have looked around locally and can not seem to find them. Thanks

I've never seen any of them around the Augusta area.

Seems you are correct, this is the reply I got when contacting them:

"Thank you for your interest in Hamer Pellets. Unfortunately we do not have dealers in the state of Maine. Freight costs from our Elkins plant most of the time puts our landed price at a disadvantage to dealers and they choose to go with product from mills much closer.

We do have dealers in Connecticut which would be the closest or I could offer dealers in other states. Sorry we could not help you at this time."

Yet Okies, made in the Pacific Northwest, are sold here. No reason Hamers couldn't sell here too.

If they are that good I think people would pay the price. I hear what you are saying but then again we can not get Vermont softies and they are right next store......

Very True. Personally I'm happy with MWP and plan to keep buying them. I do plan on grabbing a ton of their softwood pellets once they make them, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.